ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on top gear yet

Been out the country for the last couple of weeks and was wondering if I missed the delightful Mr Clarksons review of the 182.

On the subject of Top gear... does anyone else reckon they are running out of ideas. Next week Ill be driving a rolls royce whilst wearing stilts and being chased by a chieftan tank!!

Lee

BMW M2C

It beats watching the VBH I love myself show over on 5!!

Nope, the 182 hasnt been on yet.

dk

911 GTS Cab

its going to be though as I definitely saw it on there preview of the series, cant wait, racing blue with stripes!!!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

do they feature cars under 40k??

id love nothing more than a hot hatch feature cars 12k - 16k

that would be ideal.

Focus ST

^^^lol a lot of the stars in the reasonably priced car are going round in under 1m 50 so it should be better than that! We should have a sweepstake!

Clarkson will probably hate it as he is tall, he will moan about the driving position. If the little bloke drives it he probably wont notice it. Also no doubt the interior will come under fire. I have no problems with any of these things, it is just what other magazines have said.

The reasonably priced car is a Suzuki Liana so i would imagine it will be quicker than 1min 53secs. Remember the STIG will probably be driving aswell.

It better be faster than the Suzuki Liana driven by Faye Ripley, especially as the Stig is driving ! LOL !

I am going for around 1 min 45 secs, around 25 secs slower than the McLaren Mercedes SLK IIRC ?

They wont have the Cup on.. surely?

McClaren Merc wouldnt be happy if it got taken off the top spot.. :confused:

;)

According to their script editor it should be in this coming Sunday. A week ago he said this weekend or next, and it wasnt the weekend just gone. Either way it should be soon.

172, Tiguan

Well the Mclaren was beaten by the westfield and radical - but for some reason theyve disappeared altogether.?

R

rich[182]

dont reckon clarkson would do car justice anyway, no time for the bloke whatsoever so never watch it these days.

in the top gear new car review of the year it gets a SO SO review as top gear and what car review cars as allrounders and forget that they were built as hot hatchs so the people who buy them dont care about rear leg room!!!! thats why EVO mag rates it so highly, due to the awesome driving experience, if a bit of trim rattles, who cares!!!!

I am recording all of them just in case i am away when Sunday 8:00 comes!

I am recording them onto dvd so will try and get the footage saved onto the pc and then will post the link for people to view.

Can Jeremy Clarkson drive from London to Edinburgh and back in an Audi A8 on one tank of fuel? James May races a homing pigeon in the new Sportka and theres also a game of car darts.

I was right!! Car darts and racing pigeons?? Its just the 3 of them f***king about. Wait and see.. It will be a 1 minute review of the 182 ...a car and 15 minutes bleating on about how fast a racing pigeon is and how fast a fat bloke can fling an arrow!!

I know, I know ... there is an off button on my TV. Still , If I,m honest I do find it all quite entertaining.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 26 May 2004

It better be faster than the Suzuki Liana driven by Faye Ripley, especially as the Stig is driving ! LOL !

I am going for around 1 min 45 secs, around 25 secs slower than the McLaren Mercedes SLK IIRC ?
Its going to do much much much better than that, I reckon around the 1:38s mark, same as the WRX and CTR.

You have to remember that old £100 Rover GTi did it in 1:42 - lol!!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

hmm, im thinking a 1min 38 as its such a light and nippy car and there arnt too many long straights where its relatively low power wud be shown up!

JC realy rates Hot Hatches, He did the Paxo VTS when that came out. Im sure he will enjoy thrashing the nuts out of it. That show gets on my wick they show cars which will always be out of my price range. I see cars all day long that I could offord ie 10-20k and would love more reviews on them but they dont!! I cant be bothered with test drives as salesmen p1ss me off!!! I know if its good. I dont need some muppet telling me so.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i dont know whether jeremys opinion will be worth anything since he names the c2 vtr/gt the Hot Hatch of the year!, its not even barely a warm hatch, so im not impressed.

Right.... heres the plan.... IF the car gats a bad review, we all have to email topgear telling them that they are talking out of their arses and that if they actually compared the car to others in its class it would easily be the best.

Everyone up for this? (thats if it gets a naff review that is)

Focus ST

Yeah, we might even get a mention on the show, although knowing Jezza well probably get a slating as he doesnt listen to anyone elses opinion!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

yeh

but u know wot they do- its always the same, they say the car is good and say lots of really good things then there comes a but.. and although the but is sometimes meaningless (like the cool/uncool wall) it seems to give the audience a bad ring to the car.

get wat i mean or am i talking out of my arse again!?

yeah like they could go on about how great the car is *BUT* they will probably be really picky about something small such as the racing stripes or the quality of the plastic dash.

but if they do... well be ready to correct em ;) CANT WAIT!!

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 27 May 2004

Right.... heres the plan.... IF the car gats a bad review, we all have to email topgear telling them that they are talking out of their arses and that if they actually compared the car to others in its class it would easily be the best.

Everyone up for this? (thats if it gets a naff review that is)
Ill go for that!! As you say fUbar if enough of us email in, Cliosport might get a mention on national TV