ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 oil

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Just been out and my oil light is flashing,guess it needs a top up.I have only done 5400 miles and cant ever remember the last time i needed to top any car up.

How often have you had to top up you 172/182 ?

Is Renault the best place to buy some top up oil ?

Clio 197

I had to top-up both my 182s before they were broken-in.

My first one was very thirsty @ 1l every 6k!

Youll find it gets better after your first service.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Thirsty cars then !

Its took 14 months to cover 5400 miles so finding out has taken me longer.

So a litre top up should do it by the sounds of it.Do i just get some from Renault or are places like Halfords much cheaper ?

I better check what oil it needs :oops:

Clio 197

My local renault garage sells the 5w40 elf oil thats recommended (182) - for a reasonable price too.

tis only a topup, but just get a good-quality oil, and do it ASAP.

Theres a looooong oil thread somewhere, (oilmans thread iirc). Have a look there.

Oms.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Had a look at some oil posts but silly dumbass question time... :oops:

I will get some 5w-40 oil in the morning,does it matter if its Elf Renault recommended or not or is it ok to get another brand and top up using that ?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I would only get branded oil like esso,i was just wondering if it was ok to mix it with the original Elf.

I can get oil from a local garage,if its best advised not to mix i can drive out and get the same.

If it really makes no difference then ill just get branded locally.

RB182cup&golf gti

Arent u supposed to have it serviced after 12 months regardless of mileage? reason i ask is mine is low mileage too and unsure as to whether its 12k or 1 or 2 years

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The book says 12,000 miles or 2 years whichever is sooner.

For me 2 years will be sooner but they also recommend an oil change every 12 months,maybe thats what you are thinking of ?

Im going to top mine up and get it serviced at the 2 year point i think.