ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Observations

Black Gold 182 ff
Hi,

After owning my 5000 mile 55 reg 182 ff for a month now I thought I'd share with you my observations/questions:
  • Sometimes when going into 1st gear I hear a clonk. If I do it slowly it doesn't happen so much. What could this be?
  • The cruise/speed limiter seems to have a mind of its own - sometimes it increases by 1 mph sometimes by 2 mph. Is this normal?
  • There is a really annoying rattle just behind the steering wheel on top of one of the 'pods'. Being a Renault I guess they all rattle. Is it worth trying to get this fixed under warranty?
  • Last week, whilst driving own the A1 the undertray beneath the nearside fog lamp which is part of the wheelarch liner decided to drop down hitting the road ripping half of it off, which was nice.
  • On full lock the steering feels very 'odd' as if it's rubbing. A common problem from what I've read.
  • I've got another common problem - the alarm occasionally beeps at me when I lock it.
It's not had its first service yet, so I might try and get some of these sorted under warranty.

Apart from that I love it, especially the 5k kick!

Clio 182
on full lock mine sort of sticks there when you go to move off - which hasn't happened on any other car i've had - no rubbing though.

the sliders on my fan vents rattle, which is my only real gripe with mine

JMR

RB 182 Cup
1. Gearbox mount, common fault, most Clios do it. Dont worry unnecessarily about it.
2. Sorry, dont have cruise on the 172
3. So does mine, give the pod a quick bang, it should go away for a while;)
4. Unlucky:dapprove:, its French remember, too busy sipping Vino instead of working hard.
5. Very common, do a search for "top strut washer". FredYozzasport has helped loads of people out with this quick fix
6. Door not shut completely? Check the door microswitches for moisture.

James

Black Gold 182 ff
Yeah, from what I've read on here the alarm thing is a common problem - due to the alarm still getting a signal from the ignition or something. I hope to get this one done under warranty.

Mine has some of the same faults. It's a 182 thing, wait till you're headlight washers start weeping, you're boot won't unlock and it goes into limp home mode. Thank God there's a three year warranty. At least they 've managed to sort most of mine out. Having said that it's still loads better than my old CC which was in monthly for warranty work.

L

lenny85

my headlight washer weeps as well right pain in the backside when the roads are as filthy as they are now - water runs out quicker!!! read somewhere the alarm beeping(guessing its 3 beeps) is because the ignition hold enough voltage to somehow supply the alarm for upto 5 seconds after the engine is turned off! mine only beeps if i get out and lock the car really quickly:)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
my headlight washer weeps as well right pain in the backside when the roads are as filthy as they are now - water runs out quicker!!! read somewhere the alarm beeping(guessing its 3 beeps) is because the ignition hold enough voltage to somehow supply the alarm for upto 5 seconds after the engine is turned off! mine only beeps if i get out and lock the car really quickly:)

just off topic, how does the headlight wash work, does it do it while the screen gets washed ?? sorry to highjack the thread

Black Gold 182 ff
I think they only work when the headlights are on and you hold the stalk in for 3 or more seconds. They don't wash both at the same time either - when I tested mine it did one then the other.

mine has had 4 headlamp washers in total now..i think they also stop working when the water level in bottle drops to a certain point, mine nearly out of warranty now so when they weep again i will disconnect them..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The headlamp washers have a little spring loaded plug inside them, which is supposed to seal the pipe again when the pressure from the washer stops.

Try giving them a knock to see if you can free the plug. Maybe tapping it while someone else activates the headlamp washers will help.

I cured one of mine just tapping it on the side with my knuckle.