ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 O/S driveshaft bracket

I have a 172 yet it came with the 2 piece 182 driveshaft... Had my gearbox reconned not to long ago and put a second hand shaft in. Upon lifting the car up on ramps to change the tyres we had a quick look around and noticed this...

Photo200.jpg

Photo199.jpg

Photo198.jpg

It looks like a piece of my engine block that connects to the bracket is gone! one of the bolts was missing and the other one had almost fallen out. I'm told there is a third as well but i presume this was still in otherwise i don't think my driveshaft would still be intact.. lol

Has anyone got any recommendations for me? apart from getting a new engine.. ;) maybe just get a 172 1 piece driveshaft and fook off the bracket?

Halp!

BMW M135i
Only the ph1 doesn't have that bracket and the bearing btw so should be easy enough to get another. And wheres all the grease come from?

I can only preume it's from when I had the gearbox reconned or I had the cam cover seal done along with a new cambelt and aux belt so it could be left over from that... There was still quite abit of CV grease in one of my wheels but i'm sure they are still intact... Ive checked these plenty of times! I could do with another visit Mr Hughes... I think my exhuast is still slightly blowing too...

BMW M135i
Aye just give me a shout can sort something out have a poke around with it. Be nice to see it with a proper working clutch ;).

BMW M135i
All the ph2s i've seen are two piece (rs and non), so pass on that one. Might not have been the original shaft? Or it might be a cup thing?