ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Misfire

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Driving to my mates today and my 182 started misfiring, sounded like a Subaru which was nice for all on 10 seconds and then the exhaust emmisions warning light started flickering.

Now im thinking either plugs, leads or coilpack, just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were which were the most common for the 182? Im 90% sure its not the plugs because they were changed at 30k and its on 51k now.

Anyone know how much a coilpack is for the 182?

Cheers.

Replied to your PM, will get posted tommorow for you if your still interested.

Just a check but when mine was missing the lead was arching on the body deffo worth having a look.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
It wasnt the coilpack. :(

Im just letting it cool down and gonna take the inlet off.

Does anyone know if the injector cuts out if a cylinder is down? Im just worried about doing damage by running it to and from garages.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Ive checked the HT leads. Fine.
Checked the Coilpack and replaced with new Coilpack. Fine.

Now im going to check the spark plugs and replace them.

If that doesnt bring a solution then someone at work is briging their diagnostic equipment into work tomorrow and ill go from there.

Alfa GT
Driving to my mates today and my 182 started misfiring, sounded like a Subaru which was nice for all on 10 seconds and then the exhaust emmisions warning light started flickering.

Now im thinking either plugs, leads or coilpack, just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were which were the most common for the 182? Im 90% sure its not the plugs because they were changed at 30k and its on 51k now.

Anyone know how much a coilpack is for the 182?

Cheers.

sounds like the coil to me. This is what happened when i had my 1.4.

Shhhhhhhh, less talking! get oot there and get those plugs out!! If its not them then god knows lol! Heres my list that I would try

Coilpack (done)
Leads (done I think?)
Plugs
Injectors
Lambda

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I am, waiting for it to cool down, reply to my PM please. :p

I have a rodgered Lambda anyway but that wouldnt cause it to only run on 3 cylinders would it?

Does it misfire hot and cold or just cold/just hot etc..

Did my best to answer it lol! some of the pipes can be a struggle to get off just twist them a little first it will loosen them!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Cheers for you help Matt by the way. :d

Ive never taken the inlet off before so as i always do i approach with caution. Anyway heads off spark plugs seem ok to look down at but cant get them out because im that spethal that i cant seem to find the socket to take them out. :D

Im now waiting until my brother gets home to get a lift so we can venutre to halfords to browse their socket collection, hopefully pick up some plugs which will do until i get some proper ones and then hopefully come back to 1 rodgered sparky. :D

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Will it be ok to run on the old gaskets? Cant get new ones until Friday and ideally need to run to work and back!

Yeah itl be fine. I really dont see the need to replace them if they leak then do it if not I wouldnt worry. Iv take then plneum off many of time on the same gaskets with no issues.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Ordewred some gaskets anyway, lol.

Problem still not sorted, got some new spark plugs fitted yesterday (needed changing anyway) and same thing.

Ive decided im not gonna mess around and throw anymore money at it now and just get it on the machiene and get a diagnosis.

Im hoping for HT lead, brothers bet is lambda and i wouldnt be suprised if he was wrong.

sorry to hear its not sorted pal

Hmm I'd would have said it 90%ish be either the CP leads. You ssure the donor items were working?

Bar that like you said spark plugs lambda (unlikely or maybe fuel injectors but its guess work now really would be ideal to hook it up on a computer.

I dont know what symptoms a failing MAP sensor would show though really maybe worth seeing if you can get a donor one and test that too.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Goti t on the diagnostics today. He couldnt pick anything up. :(

I think its the HT leads now, gonna get one donated and try it on all 4 plugs. Its running on 3 cylinders so it should find it.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
HT lead 4 is down. :D

Gonna get cheap ones from Halfrauds now and see if thats it, then order some decent ones from Renault. :D

Gunna go for a whole new set then?

Knew it would be something simple lol

I imagine I have the (4) spare lead if you want me to have a look? Not looking to make any money here just incase you want to save some pennies.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Got new set of leads from performance leads, did the trick, working fine now.

Big thanks to mattjk for his help, i can now whip an inlet manifold off in less than 5 minutes. :D