ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Milltek with modified cat / no centre silencer (video)

Looking for 182
After seeing a few other members having a similar mod done, and getting really fed up of my exhaust blowing, I took my car to see Tom and James at JMS. They have done a fantastic job and I am over the moon with how the car feels, and how it sounds.

It might just be placebo, but the car feels so much more....I don't know, solid I guess. The exhaust sound is PERFECT when inside the car. There is a really really nice deep noise when putting your foot down, and it's just loud enough to cover the noisy engine, but not so loud that my ears feel like they are going to bleed.

I'm actually surprised how raspy it sounds from the video below, it's a much deeper noise inside.

Anyway, here are the photos:

onews.jpg

threec.jpg

twoyc.jpg

Video / Before (standard Milltek cat-back, with a rattley noise which I believe was caused by a rusted clamp/bolts):

[youtube]e7rvAZaY6gI[/youtube]

Video / After:

[youtube]4DIwGScQG84[/youtube]

So yeah, I am very happy. Most of all with the fact my exhaust now isn't blowing, yay :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have the identical setup, yet mine rasps more. :S

Great setup though, I've had mine for four years now.

[video=vimeo;1985989]http://vimeo.com/1985989[/video]

Looking for 182
I have the identical setup, yet mine rasps more. :S

Great setup though, I've had mine for four years now.

[video=vimeo;1985989]http://vimeo.com/1985989[/video]

Yours is decatted though, right? I kept the cat in, as I didn't want it too noisy, and I also didn't want hassle come MOT time :)

ur megane r26
both do sound amazing, christopher, what exactly do you have with your exhaust? mine is a milltek catback with a milltek decat, it isnt blowing, well not at any of the cat joins or any back from that but still sounds like it is??, do you have your decat welded in or can you remove yours as and when?

Black Gold Trophy
Looks like a good job, some tidy welds there.

I think the standard join between the cat and the centre box is just not up to the job at all! Every 182 should have this mod.

monaco 172
Sounds great. I want to do the same to my cat but need to get some pipe that will slot perfectly into my center section to weld onto my cat.

MkV Golf R32
Sounds very nice this. I have Miltek with the miltek decat also, will it be too loud with centre silencer removed? Also, how much did you pay to get it removed? (if you don't mind me asking).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ah my bad. Yeah, mine's running a YS decat pipe.

It makes a big difference eh! I didn't know it made that much.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
both do sound amazing, christopher, what exactly do you have with your exhaust? mine is a milltek catback with a milltek decat, it isnt blowing, well not at any of the cat joins or any back from that but still sounds like it is??, do you have your decat welded in or can you remove yours as and when?

It's a Yozzasport decat, no centre section and Milltek backboxes. All 63.5mm.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

FF182.
How much did this cost ? (if you dont mind me asking)
and hows the cat modded ? just because its not standard ?

b/g 182, meg tourer
nice one mate! sounds great doesn't it :)
not loud from inside the car but a lovely sound from outside.

well worth doing imo just to get rid of the silly blowing/rattling v clamp.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I also did this mod the other day, cost me 30 quid. I intend to remove the center section in the near future, should cost about the same. I like the way yours sounds! (mine has the milltek too)
mine's smth like this right now:

Last edited by a moderator:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I did, here in Romania at least :D
doesn't look as good as the one in the OP but it's ok

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I'm just going to take my exhaust off again and weld the Milltek flange to the Cat, cos thats where mine is blowing. There is a clamp, but the Milltek flange is slightly smaller than the cat so this is why it blows. I reckon I can get my cousin to do it for £15 notes.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Got this done today, and all it cost was £15 for the tubing off the internet, got a chap in my village to weld it up with 316L weld for free!! :) One of the best weld joints I have ever seen, So SO Chuffed right now!!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Bump!!!

Just been to pipe craft in Basildon because my exhaust is leaking like a b**ch. He said no point in spending hundreds on sleeving the join. He said just take the join out and weld the cat back straight to the cat.

He said that the worst case is the cat fails and then it would be easily sorted by just doing the same again with a replacement cat.

Sleeving = over £100
Welding the join = £35

No contest.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Bump!!!

Just been to pipe craft in Basildon because my exhaust is leaking like a b**ch. He said no point in spending hundreds on sleeving the join. He said just take the join out and weld the cat back straight to the cat.

He said that the worst case is the cat fails and then it would be easily sorted by just doing the same again with a replacement cat.

Sleeving = over £100
Welding the join = £35

No contest.

Really nice bloke is dean

Clio RS 200
Wish this was posted few weeks back.
I got milltek cat back on 2 weeks ago with centre silencer, place where ordered from said can't get non res so rang milltek up and they said same thing.
That they just sell the one cat back system through shoos in uk and they only sell non res for track day's.

Anyway I just ordered standard cat back from local performance store as they gad 15% off with half price fitting.

Sounds ok but was expecting better, it seems to have slight wissle/blow when putting foot down but had this with original exhaust, so now getting decat pipe on next week with a remap, hopefully will sound good and blowing noise will be gone

Clio RS 200
Any of u guys with milltek have problems with vibrations? Was really bad on mying when idle not too bad now ive removed parcel shelf that was main problem....... there that damn thin lol