ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182+Milltek + newborn=????

I cannot be the only person who's had a similar dilema, so some advice would be great. My wife and i are expecting a bundle of fun in 10 weeks and we can't wait. Now for the most part we will use my wifes car to travel around, but there will be times when mini me gets to ride in the clio.

Now i'm used to the full decat system and love it, but i've no idea whether or not this will be good for the little one. Obviously i don't intend to do full throttle starts every where and will take my time but was wondering what others experiences are.

Cheers:approve:

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Never been in this situation myself but as far as exhausts go (i know cus i have exactly the same) its not massively loud so shouldnt be too much of a problem, however, dont expect your child to be falling asleep too easily either because(although u may not realise) the milteks are really boomy in the back seats because you are above the back boxes.
Hope any of this made sense

Cheers guys, i think i may put the cat back on for peace of mind. I have been looking at getting some Dynamat and sound proofing the boot to see if that has any effect. As for good exhausts the milltek is superb but it can be boomy in the back at certain revs.

Cupped 182 with Milltek
I just had the cat back Milltek fitted, I like,it's not loud around town or on the motorway,so it doesnt sound boy racer loud, I am toying with the idea of the decat pipe though. CM182, like you I am not the one who drives the car most,thats my wife with my 10yr old daughter in the back (she does say it can be a bit boomy in the back at times!). What difference do you notice in the car noise wise with the decat?,is there a noticable difference to the performance?I appreciate the cat does suck up about 3-4bhp.

MCS R56
Lose it. You're kid will grow up thinking you are a chav!

Actually, your kid will probably be used to the noise if your girl has been in the car quite a lot. The baby becomes familiar with sounds before it's born. Still, lose it imo!

Racing blue 182
ive always had exhaust systems on my car, and my old 306 gti6 i had a full straight through with no cat or middle boxes and my little girl was fine with it, infact she used to go to sleep quicker in my car!

BG182®
How good are these Millteks? I do about 80% motorway driving and I need something that's going to be suitable for cruising along at around 70. Are they pretty good for the motorways

Lol at the earmuffs!, thanks again for the advice all. The milltek isn't to noisey at all for everyday driving. The decat definitely makes it louder and the throttle response is quicker, i love it. Full throttle starts sound very impressive when warmed up, take a look at the milltek site there are a couple of videos.

I do 60 miles a day on the m1/M6 everyday and it's fine. It actually quietens down at cruising speed 75-80mph.

Renaultsport 200
Congratulations on the impending arrival.

Oh and im sure the baby crying will soon drown out the exhaust so, no problem!

DCi
i have a milltek cat back and a sports cat (not a de-cat!)

I think it is ok for someone who is into cars, town or motorway driving if you don't want it to be noisy then just drive sensibley. If you push your car it will be loud but you know that already, its why you are interested/have already bought a sports exhaust.

Personally as every passenger I have had in the back seat has complained I wouldn't be putting me kid in there, i would say that's not fair, might develop them a good resistance to headaches though lol