ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold vibration issue

Clio 172 Sport
I fitted a 182 manifold to my 172 on Saturday. However it's vibrating against the subframe and/or anti roll bar. anyone got any idea how to sort this out?

Thanks

340i
Main engine mount....

Losen off and pull the engine all the way forward, this should resolve the issue.

Clio 172 Sport
Main engine mount....

Losen off and pull the engine all the way forward, this should resolve the issue.

For where it's knocking it would need to go towards back of engine bay but i'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the help and for the help the other day :)

Got ther in the end but you where rite was a rite ball ake takign subframe etc off lol

ValverInBits
you'll find that's a common problem and as a result many 182 manifolds have a big fat dent there.

Clio 172 Sport
Main engine mount....

this is prob a stupid question but which one is the main engine mount? is it the one on top on the drivers side

RS RIP
yeah but you need both loosened to get the good result..

one under battery tray + the driverside one

Clio 172 Sport
you'll find that's a common problem and as a result many 182 manifolds have a big fat dent there.

not a result Mark ; the dent is Renault trying to cure it..

The 182 manifold i have does have this dent but it still touches. also touches the subframe bit further up so it's def to far foawrd. Will do both engine mounts tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

RS RIP
i have send you a pm with details to help you with your manifold job ?

Guess it did'nt work then..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my 172 with 182 manifold also losen off and pull the engine all the way forward. but still hit my anti-roll bar. Please help.

thx