ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold on 172 MOT due soon!!

Trophy 459
Fitted a 182 manifold with a k-tec de-cat link pipe to a standard system the MOT is due end of the month!!

What is my best way round this!

Also looking for a nice cat back system if you know of 1.

SchwepTek™
Cheapest way is to get a 2nd hand 182 cat for £60ish and then get the end shopped off to fit the 172 exhaust.

Or you could buy the Ktec sports cat link pipe.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you know someone who does MOT's ask them to reverse a courtesy car up to the emissions probe when doing the CO2 test

yh unless you have a mate that works at a garage id go for getting a 182 cat and chopping it up.

p.s you couldnt do my a cheeky favour could you? :cool: ive done same as you but making my own link pipe up, i need to know the length from flange to flange of the ktec link pipe. couldnt get your tape measure out could ya.

Ph1
You'll be up against it trying to get a 182 cat to fit. Has been done but its a fair bit longer than the link pipe plus the flange needs to be added and when your cutting you'll be in the 'construction' of the cat.

Far better using a cat from a Vauxhall or a Rover as iirc their quite small on the cat part. still need to knock up the flanges tho.

Try and find a friendly mot tester would probably be your best bet. Ask about