ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 JC 130 gearbox needed or recon?

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
hi, i have blown my diff out of my gearbox(literally) i have rang top gear in bradford and they dont stock JC5 130 gear boxs, now because i have a big hole in my gear box he cant recondition it unless he has another casing i dont really want to go anywhere else as they off a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, unless somewhere you guys know that offers the same that stock them?

and if anyone knows or has a cheap JC5 130 box?

would really appreciate your help guys.

Last edited:
  Many.
Behind the front gearbox mount there's stamped numbers.

Trophy will be 130 box though. Same as any late 182.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
In that case Jay, I may have one, but you are far from local to collect.

172 Cup (Track)
Can i ask the difference between boxes? Whats the closest ratio one (for acceleration)?

172 Cup (Track)
Not so safe, mines is crunching going back down into 4th! :( Hopefully it doesnt start doing it going up or in any other gear!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mine will probably need doing soon, getting an occasional crunch when going into 3rd

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
There must be plenty around.

I only took my old gearbox to the scrap yard the other day, after it cluttering the garden for 3 years and two house moves!