ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 inlets

Ph1
Had it done in conjunction with other mods so couldnt tell you what difference it makes on its own but back in the day this was the mod to get done due to Renaults hit or miss castings.

lift number 1 @ btm
you'll not see a huge difference normally with a 182. check to see if your lower inlet has rs stamped on the 2nd and 3rd ports.

you'll not see a huge difference normally with a 182. check to see if your lower inlet has rs stamped on the 2nd and 3rd ports.

Mine does - i checked the casting myself and found it to be okay had a couple of rough edges that i smoothed off dont think its really nessasary on the RS ones (im sure the people selling the service will disagree however)

lift number 1 @ btm
i think there are small gains to be had even with the rs ones, just nothing like with the older ones.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
So you can buy a 04 182 in my case and it may not have the correct inlets on it unless they are stamped with rs on them?

Lionel Richie
DSC_0047-2.jpg

Ph1

Mine does - i checked the casting myself and found it to be okay had a couple of rough edges that i smoothed off dont think its really nessasary on the RS ones (im sure the people selling the service will disagree however)

Thats not porting it tho. Porting for gains is when they take the inlet back to the size of the gasket, ie boring it out ?

Taking any rough off will do bugger all

There was only about 0.7-1mm of room between the gasket inlet to play with i didnt feel it was nessasary to actually widen the hole but just take off the edges.

Think your best off getting one of those measuring tools and comparing it to others (dont know what there called sorry)

difference noticed more on the 172's but the rs 182 inlets are good to start of with as compared to the 172 .

A4 oil burner !!!
I had mine done @AWT in Kimbolton and would definitely recommend them esp as mine were non RS 172 manifolds !