ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 i went to see today GJ04 FZP

Saxo
went to this today as i'm looking to get either 172 or 182 in the next few weeks. Its up for 3850 as its a category c, the seller says he bought it n damage to it was front bumper, wing damage n under the bonnet the metal plating behind the front light on the passenger side had been lifted a bit..he's stil got to get VIC sorted so i asked him if he could do that, as i believe it has to pass that to be deemed roadworthy..it's had its MOT in june n no service for a yr and he said its been kept waiting in his yard for quiet a bit, so i reckon its not been properly for about 8 months or so..

I'm a bit skeptical tho as whether i should buy it as its a cat c, i will be doin a hpi on it as well, does it affect the insurance if its a cat c? I read before that its quite hard to find an insurer for these..and does anyone know the previous owner from the reg by any chance?
Its on piston heads for 3850 in black

If anyone can point me in the direction of something better budget of about 4-5k

Thanks luke

Saxo
yh true, mileage is good only 38k on this..as well when i pressed the brake it made some weird noise n i felt somethin on the pedal, he said it was the ABS.

Nimbus Megane R26
my 182 makes a strange noise with the pedal..its the break pedal switch, either needs adjusting or replacing and this can cause the cruise control to work sometimes and not work someimes so make sure you check it out. i would bother if its cat c.. as said you can get a straight 182 for 5k. mines on 37k and just had big service,new tyres all round,multi-changer,miltek exhaust,bootnet,spare wheel,mint condition and id let that go for 5.5k'ish .. prices have dropped so much lately :(

Jetta Diesel (BOOO!!!)
Me personally would never buy a cat c, always go for a straight car even if you have to save a little longer. I would never be happy in the back of my mind knowing it was a cat c.

www.renparts.co.uk
i don't mind buying a cat c cars, but this does sound a little rough, your not obliged to do a HPI check on a vehicle and its not something that is asked when insuring a vehicle so you don't need to disclose it to the insurance company, ive claimed on my insurance which was a cat C vehicle with no problems, As for the VIC check it doesn't inspect the repairs in any way its simply an identity check to make sure its not a ringer.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i wouldn't risk it as you may struggle getting insurance on it. Greenlight told me they wouldn't touch my car as it had been rated as cat c even if i fixed it and got the vic check done