ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 hub on 172 ...

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hi guys ....can you tell me if the wheel hub of the 182cup can be fitted on a 172 without problems.......

i have to change it because i want to fit the clio cup suspension kit.....

the difference between the two hubs is shown in the pic ...

cliol.jpg

Golf GTD Mk7
what kit is that you have in the pics? You're better off staying with the 54 really as there is much more choice for coilovers to be honest. No reason why the 182 hubs won't fit, but not sure if you need anything else aside from the hubs

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
i need them because i have a clio cup suspension kit .....those are 60mm....

this one

tiTTy & SV650
Danny Chau fitted 182 cup front hubs to his 182 so he could fit some coilovers. The 182s have wider track and different driveshafts so not sure if its a straight swap, will need camber adjustment too probably.

Golf GTD Mk7
what are the kit, looks nice? cup racer kit? Bilsteins? If so the hubs are different again on the cup race car over the 182 cups

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
the camber is not a problem......i just want to know if putting on the new hubs could there be other kind of problems....

also I could buy the official clio cup hubs but i think they haven't the abs sensor

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
what are the kit, looks nice? cup racer kit? Bilsteins? If so the hubs are different again on the cup race car over the 182 cups

it's the kit of an official clio cup .........if i don't resolv the problem of the hubs i have to sell them. ...:dapprove::dapprove:

the race hubs and the 182cup hubs are very similar...

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice bit of kit. Would be a shame to sell those. Does similar mean they will work or not though? Best to give Fred a ring at BTM as he knows a things or two about that setup.

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
i'm from italy...can you give me links or email of that person ?

thanks a lot ...

RS RIP
They will fit on the 182 Hubs.. These are the hubs used on the Cup cars

As for the driveshafts ; i have a post from Fred somewhere where he lists all the different shaft-partno's. Will look it up now

by the way; You looked that picture up on the Sandtler site or not ? Or the H&R site ?

RenaultSport 172
I done this back in january. You only need the hubs, no driveshafts etc.

Only problem I had was the ABS sensors were stuck tight in the old hub's so I bought new ones. :)

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
now the question is . . .. . Who can sell me two hubs ?the new one costs a lot

RS RIP
now the question is . . .. . Who can sell me two hubs ?the new one costs a lot

I think you will find a 182 in the scrapyards, fast/light little cars always seem to crash more often than ones with less power..

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
here in italy it's pretty difficult to find a clio 182 at the scrapyard.....

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
i think i should search for the first type of laguna .,...years 99 or 00

what do you think ?

on my R5 GTT I used early Laguna 2.2D hubs (4 stud). The spacing for the damper mounts is ~65mm, ~33mm thick with M16 bolts. No idea if that's what you need?