ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 hesitation an kangaroo

Clio 16v
When foots down it pulls nicely, MPG a bit poor around town, an we can rule out injectors as they have been sonic cleaned.

Also wile changing down, say to a junction she kangaroos an i haven't even got foot on throttle.

Any ideas?

Had cleaned injectors
An new pre cat lambda sensor.

Cheers for any help.

2005 Clio 182 FF
Need more info, when did the problem start? does it only kangaroo on slowing down with engine braking, any flat spots when accelerating normally, has it been mapped or had a dodgy exhaust put on etc.

Clio 16v
bought the car with a farted out piston. So changed engine now I got her on the road. No problems else where, exhaust is standard an no d-cat original cat fitted.

Many.
Pop round sometime, or I'll sort out some time to pop to yours and I'll plug it in & bring a few spare bits off one of my sports.

Clio 16v
Changed the MAP sensor today, deleted all codes before an now the eml light has gone but still getting a code for the after cat O2 sensor which I assumed was only the eml light? An if it fails it can't affect any of the running issues?

Still got a little hesitation I think but it could be plugs or coil I'm intending to buy them both then il update again.

Also was thinking about making a sticky for people to see what the symptoms were an see what I changed to sort the problem, instead of people like me looking in vain an finding someone with the same issue but then the thread dies no updates, it's very frustrating.

Clio 16v
After changing the MAP sensor it was better but now it's as bad as before, after looking around on the web if found similar symptoms linked to a faulty carbon canister or the purge valve, has anyone else ever come across this on a F4R?

Clio 16v
No spent all yesterday changing the loom an still have bad idle issues an stalling at the occasional Junction.

Clio Williams & 182
Do a compression test. Good compression will rule out the timing or bad valve possibility. Also, get an error code for the EML light if possible. See what it says and go from there.