ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 GrpN Ecu

182 cup
Thanks for the reply

Two tunning companies in the UK plus my Renault dealer in Perth Western Australia has told me that there are issues with the immobiliser, just wondering how long this info as been around.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never heard anybody having any issues with a grp n . All i knowfrom what i've read is that once the grp n ecu is fitted to a car its locked to that car , but you can get get them unlocked again to fit another car then once fitted to the new car its locked again to that car . That would be the only immobiliser issue i would imagine .

182 cup
What issues?

Paul

I’m not very knowledgeable on cars by any stretch of the
imagination but I’ve been told by one very reputable tuner that
there are issues with immobilisers.

This is a direct quot from another very reputable company.

We are no longer supplying the ecu until issues are sorted, I have no idea how long this will be sorry.

Bearing in mind that this is not a re-map but a replacement ecu.

Trophy #267
sounds as tho they aint as reputable as them would have you believe.
as Mrbilluk stated, any pukka group n ecu is virgin when it arrives to you and is paired to your car with the immobiliser data once its connected and powered up.
The only issue is of he has a tuned ecu file from sum1 elses vehicle which he is trying to apply to others and cannot due to this immobiliser data which is a bit lame.
Any proper tuner (pmurray on here plus a few others) extracts your data and works on that, not applies a diff dump to your car.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I'm running the fastchip 182 group N map on my Trophy, and have been for about 9 months now.

Very pleased with it and no problems at all, in fact it got rid of one :p

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ What problem did it get rid of ? Does it still have the 5k kick or is that smoothed out more ?

Shhh
Renault Sport F4R Groupe_N software. Much faster throttle response! Suitable for RON 97 fuel and sport air filter. Rev limiter raised to 7800 rpm.

Remap Tuning Available
I think what he means by IMMO problems are when a ecu is just swaped from car to car.

A remap wont affect this OR a reproged/remaped ecu SHOULD come with self learn IMMO in if needed :) depending on who does the work.

Last edited: