ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Gearbox Issues / Selecting 2nd Gear

Peugeot 308
So yesterday I had a spirited moment, which resulted in me c**king up the 1st - 2nd gearchange (Crunchhhh)

The result was me driving a 40mile journey without the use of 2nd gear, It just didnt fancy going in... all I got was a vibrating gearstick when going to select 2nd.

After the journey, it all of a sudden worked fine again. But interestingly 5th then felt weird as it went in.

So a pattern developed.

2nd gear was fine, 5th gear felt like I was pushing the leaver through quicksand.

then randomly...

5th gear was fine, 2nd gear 'Bbbb Vibration no gear'

Its carried on like this for a while, 2nd and 5th miss behaving. Im obviously concerned about 2nd gear mainly.
When it doe's go into 2nd, theres no funny noises etc...its like its back to normal.

I've been advised Synco's?

Any advice welcome guys.

53 Clio's & counting
Id look at the linkage to start with, if 2nd and 5th started causing alternate issues at the same time

Peugeot 308
Yeah, If im honest this is the 1st time its ever played up in terms of not selecting a gear, I presumed that was down to my s**t gear change.

I'll have a search around, see how to adjust the linkages if need be?!