ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 front ABS sensor removal

E92 M3, BG 182
I need to remove a front ABS sensor from my 182 and would really rather not remove the hub if I don’t have to. Tork T30 screw is out and I’ve had a quick go at it with a hammer and chisel but its not budged. Is it possible to do without removing the hub? I have a new sensor so don’t mind if it gets damaged whilst being removed.

Thanks,
Dave.

monaco 172
If it's anything like the rears then it ain't coming out without destroying it.

I had to drill mine out and then chisel then outer metal casing out.

Never tackled a front one though

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah the front one on mine that I changed needed hitting from the other side and drilling iirc.

E92 M3, BG 182
Pretty much destroyed it with a couple of chisels then found out my drill is knackered. Couldn’t be arsed to take the hub off so garage is sorting it tomorrow before the MOT.

Thanks,
Dave.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I managed to do mine on a 172 without removing the hub. I smacked the top bit off with a chisel and hammer and then drilled it out. Worked a dream and the new one fitted straight in. Did the sandpaper trick on it as well.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Best thing to do is heat up the torx bolt, grind 2 sides flat, leave it soaking in WD for a half an hour and work it out with some molegrips. Saves messing about and lots of swearing