ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 : Fault Lights / Diagnostic Tools / OBD2

Clio 182 Cup
Hi all

I recently bought a Clio 182 55 reg with 76k. Belts done last year and a decent amount of history with it.

I plan to use it as a trackday car and possibly even look at 750MC 182 Clio Series or FT... Not sure at the moment...

Anyways... all good for about a week... but now have a Christmas tree light show on the dash... Anyone provide some guidance to diagnose / reset..?

photo-marked-up.jpg

So there are 4 lights:

1. RED : Airbag
2. BLUE : SERV
3. PINK : Not Sure
4. GREEN : Engine

Don't know where to start and looking for some pointers. Car is standard except for IK and Longlife Exhaust.

I was looking to get Harry's Lap Timer software for trackdays so maybe get a GoPoint OBD2 reader http://gopointtech.com/products/ with software - does anyone know if this could help diagnose and/or reset the lights..?

Thanks in advance.

Clio 182 Cup
Also when the pink heart rate style light comes on, the car doesn't go over 3000 rpm. But turning car off / on sorts for a while. Odd.

Renault Clio182 bean
Pink one is immobiliser, Mine came on after I changed an indicator bulb and it had a poor connection, removed and refitted the bulb and it went away, it was no coincidence because as soon as I removed it again the light came back on lmao. But if yours come on and off intermittently then it could be something more involved.

Airbag light= look under your front seats and with the keys out of the ignition unplug the srs plugs and re-connect, they have an awkward red locking clip you will need to work around, common issue for Renault to have poor under seat srs connections. SERV and ENG light will need scanning on the ECU to see whats at fault, could be related to the immobiliser issue.

2004 182
I get the SERV light come on with the airbag light. I've got an intermittent fault which randomly beings them both on.