ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 failed MOT on emissions but no lights on

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
:mad:

Afternoon all,

Thought my Clio would breeze through its MOT but it has failed on all emissions tests, co2 was 400 and should be around 200' also lamba sensor sensing low. Car has had recently had oil change, Oil and air filter change, spark plugs changed, HT leads replaced with magnicor blue versions.

Car is a 54 plate sep 2004 with only 40'900 miles on the clock

Has anyone experienced similar issues and is it likely CAT or lamba sensor?

Also does anyone know of any good garages in the Leeds, Harrogate or York area that could look at the car?

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
Hi, that is why I have done this post, hopefully someone out there might have had this situation and can advise, my main issue is the fact there is no fault light on so need to get it on a diagnostic machine but don't know of any good garages in the area to take it to. Road tax is due so I need to fix this ASAP

Mk2 Ph2 172
Without getting it plugged into you won't know what is wrong bud !!!!

Someone on here local to you might be able to plug in and diagnose the problem ?

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
I asked the guy who did the MOT and he said that it had a CAT fitted as thought that might be the issue, strange the car runs fine and has no lights but is so out on emissions

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
Sounds like it was an air leak in one of the pipes so far, going back on MOT station tomorrow. Does anyone know if the K-tec racing code readers are any good?

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
My 182 failed its last MOT on emissions, no warning lights on. They took out the manifold lambda sensor, cleaned it and it then passed. I suspect i'll need to replace the sensor before next MOT.

Audi A5
Sounds like it was an air leak in one of the pipes so far, going back on MOT station tomorrow. Does anyone know if the K-tec racing code readers are any good?

I was about to say this. A lot of 182's have blowing exhaust and even if it minor this can cause a emission failure.

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
Hopefully sorted, amazing how an air leak can make a car read nearly 400 grams co2, double what it should be, probs explained why was only averaging 25 mpg lol

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
Right £800 later and scraped through MOT on emissions (no other issues or advisory after doing brakes and pads)......... Plan of action was to trade in for 2 year old clio 200 with 19k on clock in black with black wheels, pic it up first week in jan. problem solved lol

As I am keeping this one standard I have a mint condition MOMO millinium steering wheel for sale with the Clio MOMO boss kit and 2 resistors required, if interested will be in the sale section or PM me if interested. After £100 all in (cost me £180 for wheel and £46 for boss kit only 6 months old, car done 2000 miles since fitted).

Only item not included is Clio 172 horn stalk, you can get these from eBay for around £10 delivered and is plug and play and replaces existing stack without horn button, easy to fit, whole steering wheel and horn change took 1hr max. The stalk is the ONLY way I would recommend adding a horn unless you are a qualified electrician.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
£800 !?!??!?!

Cat is about £50 2nd hand and if it doesn't have any in, lambas are under a ton each brand new IIRC ?!

Picking up new car in January ? Is it just going to be sat about for the next 4 months ?

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
Cat and all lamba sensors were changed spark plugs removed and re gapped, new HT leads, brake servo hose was slightly melted and needed replacing....... Plus took to quik fit and didn't like them, their attitude, etc so paid twice so £90 on MOT alone so yup just short of £800. Out of 7 cars I have owned in the past 12 years this the first that has failed an MOT so bound to happen sooner or later

Clio 200 & Golf GTD
I am now the proud owner of a Clio sport 200 2010 model, black with black wheels (will post pictures when done). I cannot believe the build quality is actually pretty good, a huge leap from my 182 and not much behind my 2 year old golf.

Plan today is cleaning and detailing (before pics) but as only done 19k hopefully not a full day job but then again it is black.