ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust on 172 ph2

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
My 172 exhaust is on its way out and im presuming that theres no reason (bar the need to cut the bumper and buy a couple of the recess plastics from renault) that a 182 dual pipe system would fit?

Anyone know for definite?

Thanks in advance. :)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
My 172 exhaust is on its way out and im presuming that theres no reason (bar the need to cut the bumper and buy a couple of the recess plastics from renault) that a 182 dual pipe system would fit?

Anyone know for definite?

Thanks in advance. :)

No it will not fit.
Your 172 has a spare wheel, a 182 does not so theres no spare wheel well under the carpet on a 182 so the exhaust goes where the wheel well was on a 182.

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Aye i saw that cheers mate, but was just looking for a cheap fix for the short-term.

New question then - im after a decent stainless system. Not too loud and no stupid tailpipes. Not too expensive either please :)

Mk4 .:R32
Maybe go for a stealth system if your not into the tail pipes! I went for the GDI system cut into my bumper (with 182 exhaust surround so it looks nice and neat) and it looks and sounds awesome imo!! Most decent exhausts are pretty pricey though to be honest, usually between 3 and 400 quid!!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Heres a photo of my 182 system, notice theres no spare wheel well
s5030095eq9.jpg

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Ah yeah cheers for that mate. If id thought ahead id of chopped mine out when i had the car painted. Oh well

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Ive found a twin exit blueflame on ebay that looks like itl do for now. Anyone had experience of them? Also, in the picture it shows it fitted to a ph1 172, will it still fit a ph2 172?

Cheers