ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine...

2008 VW Golf R32
Can you fit an engine from a 182 into a Ph2 172? Ifnot could any one tell me where i could find the engine number on a Clio 172...:)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think they are all the same engine, just the exhaust manifold is different on a 182.

someone confirm i'm right?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Yeah your right , same engine except for the exhaust manifold and different map in the ecu irc .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Why would you want to? Unless your 172 engine is knackered of course.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
just get a 182 manifold de cat and exhaust will be cheaper

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
its exactly the same engine.
just the exhaust and manifold thats different

2008 VW Golf R32
Well the engine in the 172 is abit fucked lol The gear box broke and a whole list of other things also broke...Renault quoted £10,000 to get it fixed so my dad said would be cheaper to buy an engine from a breakers in spain rather than paying £10,000 for a bunch of parts, btw is F4R the engine number?

www.renparts.co.uk
Well the engine in the 172 is abit f**ked lol The gear box broke and a whole list of other things also broke...Renault quoted £10,000 to get it fixed so my dad said would be cheaper to buy an engine from a breakers in spain rather than paying £10,000 for a bunch of parts, btw is F4R the engine number?

do you want to sell it?

2008 VW Golf R32
Sorry joshydee i did want to sell it but iv realised i cant really have fun in the golf as i did in the clio, aswell the steering will be on the opposite side which you might not like....and thanks Yozzasport for the engine number :) By any chance, if i were to post a list of stuff that renault said was damaged and would need replacing, could any one try to match a price??....Many Thanx :)