ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Engine Nightmare

182+1.5DCI+S2000
dunno if it help but on the un damaged pistons does there look to be any marks where the valves have hit the pistons? If so could they have set up the timing wrong (or pulleys were loose?) then as the valves hit the pistons one gives up first and drops in, hence causing the issue. Was the car ticky at ALL when you got it back, or was everything fine???

Yep all the tops of the pistons have marks from the vavles. Had a tapping/clicking noise aswell when I got the car back the 2nd time, told them and they went for a test drive with me and said its the exhaust... And to come back on Monday

I never hit the limiter aswell.

330i. E30 Touring.
Sorry to hear of the problems you've had.

If you have no luck with Renault, Budgie and I will drive out with an engine and fit it for you if you cover our expenses etc. Will be cheaper than buying a new engine from them!

We certainly will!

You'll save a lot of money and get a car that works and we'll get a nice few days sunshine!

182+1.5DCI+S2000
We certainly will!

You'll save a lot of money and get a car that works and we'll get a nice few days sunshine!

Wow thanks guys! I take it you have all the tools etc :p ? I will wait and see what Renault says first.

I wonder how much it would cost to drive all that way(south of spain) :cool:

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
We had a 182 do this as well. The valve snapped clean and damaged the head and piston on that cylinder. And also damaged the plug like yours. Full rebuild or 2nd hand engine and fit new belts etc on it. Will work out cheaper than 5500. Even do it yourself

330i. E30 Touring.
At a guess, i'd say:

Engine (we have one that's just had belts done, new PAS pump (that cost £175 alone from Renault!) - £600 delivered.
Fuel - £650 (based on using Nick's BMW M3 and a round trip of approx 3k miles with tools, engine crane etc on board.)
Ferry - £75? (Dover to Calais)

Either way, if Renault manage to worm out of it, Nick and I are happy to help!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Did they clean out the Inlets. As when we did it we had to due to finding some in there