ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine knocking.

Clio 182
Hi all I've recently bought a 04 182 and it's just started knocking it been to the garage today and it's bottom end. What are my options sell it as is or replace the engine if it's the matter how much am I looking at? Cheers

Clio 182
It's defiantly knocking just been to the garage so I need an engine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also need a gearbox as that's shafted to.

Clio 182
Yeah garage have confirmed big end bearings looks like it's been run low on oil as the motor is leaking oil.

dan's cast offs.
Furry muff. How bad is the gearbox? Only ask as couldj ist be worth pulling the sump while engine is still in just in case you can get away with set of shells.

Clio 182
The garage didn't seem keen on doing that if I'm honest. It's a very good mate of mine that owns the garage, he said it will cost more in rank regrind etc.