ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine juddering

Clio 172
New to the forum so go easy lol!

I bought my second 182 not long ago and upon driving it yesterday it seemed to stutter as I accelerated. It only happens in low revs.
It doesn't seem like it's misfiring. So I'm at a bit of a loose end.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Welcome to the group. :up:

Can still be a misfire, perhaps just the start of something starting to break down. Has the stutter been there since you bought it, or is it a recent thing?

Things to check:
Spark plugs, plug leads, coilpack, throttle body is clean, air filter is clean.

Does it stutter when hot as well as from cold? Or improve when either?

Clio 172
Welcome to the group. :up:

Can still be a misfire, perhaps just the start of something starting to break down. Has the stutter been there since you bought it, or is it a recent thing?

Things to check:
Spark plugs, plug leads, coilpack, throttle body is clean, air filter is clean.

Does it stutter when hot as well as from cold? Or improve when either?

Hi mate its been there since I bought it but the owner said he cleaned the spark plugs up and it was fine but it has come back. And it happens when it's hot as well,

it judders for a second or two upon acceleration and then goes again but if I let off the throttle then press it again it does it every now and then.

I've got some new spark plugs on order and going to get a new coil pack tomorrow.

Thanks for your help mate

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Hi mate its been there since I bought it but the owner said he cleaned the spark plugs up and it was fine but it has come back. And it happens when it's hot as well,

it judders for a second or two upon acceleration and then goes again but if I let off the throttle then press it again it does it every now and then.

I've got some new spark plugs on order and going to get a new coil pack tomorrow.

Thanks for your help mate

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Throwing parts at it is not the way to go untill you know what the problem is!
Very likely an injector.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-misfire-whats-causing-it.807438/