ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine in a 172?

Clio 172
Currently have a phase 2 172
Wondering if it is possible to fit a 182 engine in a 172...?
If I can what would I need an will it be worth me spend money on doing it or do I keep with 172 engine
Thanks

Clio 172
Na no it's same engine.so if I get inlet with the 182 block I'm win winthrn,kinda new to all this as last car was a 306 gti 6 so diffrant ball game if ask me hence asking you guys

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Na no it's same engine.so if I get inlet with the 182 block I'm win winthrn,kinda new to all this as last car was a 306 gti 6 so diffrant ball game if ask me hence asking you guys
Have you been drinking?

Clio 172
My dephaser pulley let go on Friday night when driving home from work so was thinking of fitting a 182 engine,but wanted to no if I can as not long having the car really.
Daniel: sorry it's my iPad "correcting things " with out me knowing.

Clio 172
Yeah suppose it is,was looking down the turbo route but a lot of money which don't have lol.
Will it be a restriction if I don't use the 4-2-1 manifold off a 182 if I se my original 172 manifold?

Trophy 459
Have had a 172 just fitted to my 182 so do I need a breather for a 172 now. That connects the carbon filter? All sounds a nightmare !!!

Clio 172
Have brought an engine off a guy off here an also getting the top inlet aswell.

with running 182 engine will the ecu still run it or will I need the ecu uch off a 182 to run it or just use my ecu?,just wanting to no that's all