ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182- engine cold, feels like not firing on all cylinders

hi all,

had a slight problem yesterday when i started my car up for first time in 3 days i think it was, anyways, when engine was cold it kept bogging down as if it was clogged or not firing on all cylinders.
but when warmed up this went away, is there anything likely to go wrong now this has happened? or is it quite a common thing when it hasnt been run for a few days??

cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
most 172/182 run crap when there cold, mine is truely awful.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They all run rough until properly warmed up , as if the engine is holding back .

R35 GTR
I put my foot down and revs drop, but as you say once it is warm it is fine.

Could this be down to the lamba sensor not heating up quick enough?

It's very normal for the 182 to suffer from this. Well, when I say 'normal' I mean that they all seem to do it at some point. There seems to be no pattern with mine - it can do it when warm or cold i.e. not driven for for 3 hours, or not driven for 3 weeks - it seems random.

Don't worry about it. It's normal, and even if it wasn't, there's little chance that Renault would do anything about it beyond "computer says no, sir"

I always take it ultra easy when the engine's cold anyway. The misfire (that's what it is, ultimately) is always gone within half a mile, and I always leave it 15 minutes or so before stirring it up a bit. At the end of the day it's a cheap car for a reason - Renault never seem to bother with engineering once the car is released. Hell, if they bothered to fix some problems, post Job#1, we might all have to pay dealer prices :-D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Renault never seem to bother with engineering once the car is released.

Clio 172. 172 phase 2. 172 cup. 182. 182 cup. 182 trophy

Megane 225. 225 trophy? 225 cup chassis. 225 f1. 230 r26 (bit hazy on them lol :eek: )

Focus ST.

CTR. CTR face lift. CTR starship

;)