ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Driveshaft Identification and advice.

Mini, Clio, Megane
Hello, I bought a job lot of 1*2 parts. In these parts, are 2 driveshafts. I hope to refurb these with new boots etc then fit to my 2005 182. Can anyone confirm they are 1*2 shafts and that they will fit before I start???

Thanks
Jordie

20140306_182740.gif

20140306_182748.gif

20140306_182754.gif

20140306_182804.gif

2005 Clio 182
I'm after an O/S driveshaft as mine is knocking. Got told to pump full of grease and hope it recovers. Would rather spend money on a driveshaft and then be done with it for a while.

Look like they have the non-cup-pack ABS rings on them.

I suspect a trader will be able to confirm that these are therefore 172/regular-182 chafts which will therefore not fit your "182 FF" that is stated under your avatar.

Mini, Clio, Megane
Are they the same bar the ABS rings? Can the rings be swapped?

Are they worth anything to sell on?

Mini, Clio, Megane
I didnt realise the joint slides. It got caught on a metal lip on my shelfing and ripped the boot. You can get the boot for £5 from eurocarparts. Since these dont fit any of my cars, theres not much point in me repairing them etc, so ill probs hoy em in the metal skip this week.

Clio 172 Phase 2
I didnt realise the joint slides. It got caught on a metal lip on my shelfing and ripped the boot. You can get the boot for £5 from eurocarparts. Since these dont fit any of my cars, theres not much point in me repairing them etc, so ill probs hoy em in the metal skip this week.

Alright can you buy the drivers inner boot then ? I need to replace mine

Mini, Clio, Megane
Remove shaft from car. Knock outer CV off, slide inner boot up the shaft, replace CV joint, refit shaft to car.