ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Doing my head in, help plz.

Clio 197

Hi guys/gals,

Ok... My 182 is doing my head in on the motorway. Tyre roar & engine noise a bit much.

Went to scotland and back (at 80) a few weeks ago. Couldnt hear my ICE properly, and now Im sure Ive gone deaf from 15 hours in the car.

I do about 3-4k a month... so I kinda dont want keep punishing my ears.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to quieten things down... PLEASE!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No!

Unfortunatley unless you fill it full of ICE it will never go away.

6500 miles now and i am having trouble hearing things............................whats that dear my pee is ready?...............sorry got to go.

I LIKE the noise! my problem is when i sit next to mate in his 4ltr chimera I can her if mine is even running!

Plus not being able to hear properly means the nagging from er indoors becomes less intrusive;)

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 23 June 2004

Plus not being able to hear properly means the nagging from er indoors becomes less intrusive;)

Shouldnt that be "She who must be obeyed" !!!

Get yourself some ear defenders serious they will turn any car into limo like noise levels.

Or if you dont want to look wierd get some of those in ear noise protectors when you stick them in your ears everything goes quiet.

I use them at work Ive been meaning to see what effects it has to noise in the car but I can guess it will go very very quiet.

Only a few pence if you have to buy them.

Or you can but a Ren Laguna top spec for about 3-4 k W reg they cruise at 80 @2500-2800rpm well smooth a quite. cheap and loads of car 4 cash go for monaco spec or rt sport

Clio 197

Yeah.. high miles alright... mind you its mostly motorway, thus very gentle on the car (just not my ears).

Problem is, it was an emotional buy.. not really a practical one... tried to upgrade to megane at dealer, he seriously took the piss, offering me 10k for my car!

True its gonna have 12k service week after next, but seriously... 10k?!

Only other option is to cover it in cotton wool, from the inside and out! Maybe itll be quieter?

Clio 197

Almost right... decided to go for the allowance (money) instead of a company car... so I can get what I like... but I forgot to test drive it on the motorway!:oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 23 June 2004

4K a month, is it your car or company then? thought i did a lot of miles. lol

ClioSport 182

The engine noise in the cabin is a positive selling point for the 182, at 5k+ rpm its incredible!! They shouldnt even come with an ICE system ... the engine noise is by far entertainment enough ...

KnightAzul

A local dealer offered me £10K for mine too - 2500 miles on the clock.

Had a fairly lame excuse saying that the paint will fade in no time, so theyre not as desirable as metallics!!

Does your car have Cup suspension? If so, then try getting run-of-the-mill tyres. The slightly stiffer sidewall causes a lot of the road noise. If you get softer sidewalls then therell be less noise.

Huw

Clio 197

Funny you should mention tyres... I sorta had that in mind...

You know summit... theyll probably last until 30k... done 10.5 in them so far, and theres PLENTY of meat on them.

Go I could research that for a long term solution (like I need fancy tyres on the M5?)...

What about sound deadening spray in the wheel arches?

Ok, so am I the only one reading this thread slightly confused? :confused:

In all honesty, at 80 on the motorway I dont find the noise remotely intrusive. You say you cant hear the stereo properly!???!? :eek:

I seriously think there is something wrong with your car m8! Coming from a 2001 Ford Focus 2.0 ESP (dont take the pi$$) I actually prefer driving the 182 on motorways!

Hope you get it sorted!