ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 decat and eml?

clio 182
hi guys im new on here. everyone seems very helpful on here so would like to say hello to all :)

i already have a scorpion cat back exhaust on my clio but i am thinking about a decat and was wondering how or if there is a way to stop the eml coming on after fitting?

thank you

You can buy a bung for the decat, then leave the post cat lambda connected, but bag it up and tie it out the way.
Or you can buy a lambda spacer, that screws onto the decat, and then the lambda screws onto that.

Clio's have two Lambda's. The post cat one is the one that turns on the EML, and its sole purpose is to monitor the emission.

Welcome btw :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can buy a bung for the decat, then leave the post cat lambda connected, but bag it up and tie it out the way.
Or you can buy a lambda spacer, that screws onto the decat, and then the lambda screws onto that.

Clio's have two Lambda's. The post cat one is the one that turns on the EML, and its sole purpose is to monitor the emission.

Welcome btw :)

What's a lambda spacer when it's a home ? I've never heard of one before , what does it actually do ? Just put the Lambda sensor in the decat , if the light comes on then it can be reset with an OBD2 code scanner . Even if you leave the light on there is no detriment to the cars performance , it's the pre Cat sensor that monitors the emissions and can put the car into limp mode , the sensor in the Cat just says whether the Cat is working or not . My light came on after a couple of weeks , i reset it and it never came on again . Some people seem to report their light comes on and some never have the light come on . Personally , i wouldn't worry about it too much .