ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Wheels

DCI 80
So was driving around on a pair of standard 15" with budget tyres for the last year and a half, fitted some 182 cup wheels last night Michelins and WOW! More of a difference than I ever could have imagined! Feels so much more grounded now in general.

Thinking of now dropping her 30mm or so, does anyone have any experience on how my generic cheap insurance company will take this? Or will they be taking me... To the cleaners :eek:

DCI 80
just give your insurance company a ring bud and ask

Yeah i know that's the inevitable, they are a bog standard budget insurer though so i don't think its going to go down to well and playing the "It improves the cars performance / handling etc making it safer" will cut it :D

BG 182
after spending 10 minutes on the phone to india trying to explain to my insurance company that I didnt want to add another car to the policy but instead wanted a quote for lowering they said £60, dont know if that helps or not!

DCI 80
after spending 10 minutes on the phone to india trying to explain to my insurance company that I didnt want to add another car to the policy but instead wanted a quote for lowering they said £60, dont know if that helps or not!

Cheers SUYC, ive herd mixed things some people being quoted £900 and others like yourself £60 so will have to make the dreaded call, might save me some cash not to do it soon hah

500 Twinair
Or don't tell the insurance company, and if by chance you have a crash, then just swap the wheels over.

Swapping wheels & springs over probably isn't the easiest thing to do when your car is being dragged onto the back of a recovery truck, the police are asking what happened and whoever you've hit/has hit you, is angry. Just saying.

We pay so much money for car insurance as it is, you may as well do it properly, rather than risk a claim being thrown out on a technicality. It's exactly the same logic as the 1*2 cambelt change. Yes it's expensive, but it's even more expensive when things go sour.