ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup suspension same as a 182 with Cup packs?

Da

Less
I know thw non-cupped one is totally different, but as the title - is the Cup suspension pack the same as would be fitted to a 182 Cup?

Cheers

Da

Less
Sorry yeah I just meant the actual physical characteristics. ie mounting hole spacing etc?

megan R26.R number 006
No, 182 cup has Sach dampers

sorry but you are wrong the only clio that has got sach dampers is the clio 182 trophy which there was only 500 UK cars and 25 non UK cars .
sach dampers was never fitted to the 182 cup or the 182 with cup packs they both have the same setup springs and dampers as each other .
the 182 trophy has got sach race engineering dampers Eibach springs on the front which are 10 mm lower that the cup ones but it dose have he same front hubs as the 182 cup and 182 with cup pack and i may be wrong but i think itsame rear springs 182 cup and thhas got the as the 182 with cup pack .

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, they do have 60mm spacing as said. Done mine today (182 cuppacked) Just fitted some h&r's.... the 182 cup and 182 cuppacked have 60mm bolt spacing

(slightly blurred lol, but 6cm is sat inbetween the middle of the holes)

23062007051.jpg

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
The org 172 cup has different CASTOR angles to the std 172. Did they use this geometry on all 182s or just the cup and cup packed 182s ? (Hubs are different i think).
Does anyone know ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The org 172 cup has different CASTOR angles to the std 172. Did they use this geometry on all 182s or just the cup and cup packed 182s ? (Hubs are different i think).
Does anyone know ?

some reading ;)

The changes between the 172 and the 182 aren't just about power and pretty exhausts, however. The chassis has undergone revisions that are more significant than they first appear. The front track (distance between wheels) has been increased by 12mm and the rear by 16mm; the wheelbase (between front and rear wheels) has also been stretched by 13mm. All this talk of millimetres may not seem much, but in essence it is pushing the wheels further out to the corners of the car, giving better stability and improved grip.

The suspension hasn't been left out either. Stiffer front springs (up 10 percent), and a thicker anti-roll bar at the rear (up 2mm to 24mm) grant 12 percent more stiffness overall. The castor angle of the front wheels has increased from 1.35 to 3 degrees - this helps to keep the wheels more vertical with the road under hard cornering. All these small changes, coupled with a newly designed, 10mm wider tyre co-developed between Renaultsport and Michelin, keep the 182 firmly pressed to the tarmac.

If all these handling and performance mods aren't enough, buyers can choose to have their cars fettled at the factory for an extra £200. This buys you the Cup chassis option which stiffens the suspension more, lowers the ride height by an insignificant 3mm, and strengthens the steering set-up by the use of larger-diameter bearings in the hub carriers. This keeps the front wheels at their desired steering angle when subjected to cornering forces and acceleration changes - so there's more feedback through the steering wheel. You'll be able to recognise a 'Cupped' Clio 182 by the new eight-spoke alloys finished in Anthracite (dark-grey) and fitted with stiffer sidewalled tyres.

If all these handling and performance mods aren't enough, buyers can choose to have their cars fettled at the factory for an extra £200. This buys you the Cup chassis option which stiffens the suspension more, lowers the ride height by an insignificant 3mm, and strengthens the steering set-up by the use of larger-diameter bearings in the hub carriers. This keeps the front wheels at their desired steering angle when subjected to cornering forces and acceleration changes - so there's more feedback through the steering wheel.

Da

Less
Sure am yeah, just eyeing up Cup coilovers and wanted to double check the fitment first :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Pretty much ^^ Noisy clunky, cheap, ruin the best thing about the car.... the handling. I had a set that lasted two months. Buy cheap buy twice ;)