ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup spoiler brake light problem

BG 182
Just bought the cup spoiler for my 182 and had it all sprayed up.

As weve come to fit it, the connections are the same but the brake light doesnt seem to work. Ive put the original spoiler back on to check if that worked okay and all is fine.

So just wondered what the problem could be, ive searched the forum for hints and ideas but nothing seems to be coming up!

Any help would be appreciated. :(

BG 182
Just had another search on here and i think it could be to do something with the connections! could a quick clean up of the wires sort things out?

please help!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you confirmed that the light unit itself actually works? This is simple stuff so shouldn't be causing you a headache.

Do you have access to a multi-meter? The unit needs a permanent earth (I'd use the closest rear light earth myself) and a +12v trigger from the existing brake light circuit... to find these you will need a multi-meter.

Mick