ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup rally prep

Clio 182 cup
Hi
I'm brand new to this site and I have trolled through many many threads about coilovers Ect but they all lower your car, as I will be road rallying my 182 cup I was wondering are there any set up's out there which can increase the ride height of the car and possibly be adjustable. Sorry if this has been a topic in the past but just can't find anything on it.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I love my Eibach Prolines and Koni Yellow dampers, for 12 car road rallies and Targa rallies. I run Toyo R888R's in the dry, and PS3's or R1R's if it's not. The Eibach's really don't lower the car by much at all, and the increase in spring rate means you are less likely to hit the floor. I wouldn't really bother raising the car for road rallies, just protect it for when it does contact the floor. I also have PMS top mounts which have made a big difference, although I smashed one of the spherical bearings hitting a pot hole, so have since put the NMB bearing in there to replace it.
One thing I would suggest is a sump guard. I use the PMS one, because I liked the extra provision to guard the gear lever linkage rod. Just gives you the confidence to push through the bumps and dare I say jumps a little more, although you could make your own if you so wished. You could also put a tank guard, although most road rally cars don't use them.
I'm not sure they make Koni Yellow's in 60mm spacing, although I dare say you could file/mill out the bolt hole to suit. I prefer to use a cheaper setup as if I bust a corner it won't be as expensive, although that's quite a pessimistic way of looking at it, but you can buy a single koni yellow on ebay easily enough.
Are you planning on doing Targa rallies as well? And have you done some road rallies before, or will this be your first time?

Clio 182 cup
Thanks James 363
I have road rallied in the past just getting back into it, it may be the 182 cup I have just bought on Saturday has lowering shocks on it I will have the strip them as the sump is only about 100mm off the ground which is to low.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Right yeah, I certainly wasn't scraping my 172 Cup as standard, but was driving knowing it wasn't protected, so not being silly over the bad sections. Take a picture side on and compare it to a standard one on google images or something will help you work it out easily.
Good to see some more people moving to clios as a road rally car, on paper they are one of the quickest eligible cars.