ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup pack suspension

Monaco Blue 172
My Clio 182 doesnt have the Cup suspension pack on it. Gonna try and get hold of Cup springs ,is it worth getting the shocks aswell? Or would i better off just getting hold of an aftermarket lowering kit? I dont wont to go too low and certainly dont want it to be rock hard.

My Clio 182 doesnt have the Cup suspension pack on it. Gonna try and get hold of Cup springs ,is it worth getting the shocks aswell? Or would i better off just getting hold of an aftermarket lowering kit? I dont wont to go too low and certainly dont want it to be rock hard.

You wont be able to fit the front shocks off a 182 cup on your non-cup car, they are a specific bolt spacing. You could put 182 cup springs on, but I would think its a large expense for little or no benefit if your keeping same shocks. You'd probably be better off trying eibach springs if you just fancy a handling change.

From what I've read on here, all you do by swapping to Cup suspension is limit your coilover options if you plan to do that further down the line. I had so much hassle finding coilovers for mine due to insisting on buying a full fat 182.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If you were to do it. You would need Shocks, springs, hubs and i think drive shafts.. Not worth it ino as said you limit your suspension choices with cup packs

Monaco Blue 172
Thanks for the replies. Im new to the Clio scene so a bit clueless at the moment. Having done a bit of research im liking the sound of the Eibach 20mm lowering springs.

Monaco Blue 172
Get the new Cooksport springs. That's what I would do if starting again.

That could be an option. I live out in the sticks and the roads aint in the best of condition to say the least so dont want anything too hard. Anyone know how the ride quality is with these fitted?