ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup outer CV boot

My outer CV boot has a tear in it according to my friendly MOT man...

Will a stretchy boot from the local motor factors do the trick or will I need to go to Renault for fear of it not fitting right?

Cup In bits
Unless you know of a good known brand then its hit and miss, buy shite buy twice. I bet there's very little to no price difference between the two nowadays anyway.

​Speak to Adam at Wolverhampton.

Fair point, typical I spoke to him earlier but completely forgot about it!

Was hoping to do it the weekend so I might give the factors a call anyway to see what they have. Anyone else used a factors stretchy one with any kind of success or should I just wait?

Cheers for the help though Swede Cup, I do see what you mean just time scale is rubbish...

Cup In bits
I have used many with success mate but as said they are a hit and miss and never last as long as a fitted type.

Adam will get you one by weekend if he has in stock.

Cup In bits
You have to take the cv out of the hub if you use either type so your 95% to removing the shaft by that point, if its the passenger side (wet side) then its a bit more work as you will loose oil.

You could knock the CV off the shaft both side's with them still attached gearbox side but there's no pint doing it on the drivers as it just pulls off with no oil loss.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
i've used a stretchy boot, just make sure it fits comfortably at full lock etc, pack with grease fit with jubilee clip. I dont think i'd try one of those sticky boots however where you fit it over the CV then glue up the open side, although people say they have no problems with them