ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup none starter

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hello all,

i have a cup 182 05 plate. it ran perfectly fine but then i left it sat for about 3 months. i put a new battery on it and now it turns over but doesnt start. i cant hear the fuel pump kicking in and the red dot on the dash stays on. took it to a local garage and they have got a fault code of df066. they are unsure now and said its main dealer. need some help please.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
garage told me it was DF066. i need to get it to a garage that can fault find the issue. does anyone know a garage that can in bedfordshire area. ive tried 519 automotive with a email text and calls but no response. is he still going?

Williams 1&2, LY182
Sounds like the immobiliser isn't coming off, have you tried leaving the ignition on for a minute so the key can register with the decoder ring. Then try starting it?

Clio 172 Ph1
My brother's '99 megane 1.4 16v is exactly like that at the moment. This is a recurring problem when the car is stopped for long periods of time and the battery fully drains.
However I was always able to fix it in my own shop with a TEXA Axone I used to have (died a few months ago) and now I have no way of fixing it on my own.
It appears the ECU sort of loses the ability to recognize itself after a period of no electrical power.
The Texa machine had the ability to program the ecu (to a point) and I was able to appoint the correct type of ecu that the car had. Nothing else worked.