ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup....knocking noise from front AGAIN!!!

Peddled device
I had the mod done over 12 months ago and now 'that' noise seems to be back.
Its coming from the front o/s suspension and it a squeeking noise when going slowly over speed bumps and a grinding noise when on full lock.

It going back in of course to be done under warranty (only a few months left...cars only done 19k) but was wondering if others have had to have this done twice or more ?

SchwepTek™
LOL mine does the exact same but got told it was normal so havent had anything done to it!!!! Might take it in again now!

Black Gold 182...
Mine does this too, when on full lock... I've got a couple of months warrenty left so i'm gonna have to get it in the garage i think.

Now i have heard stories of Renualt using a grinder to fix the problem! Which i don't like the sound of... I've also heard that a couple of washers at the top of the suspension fixes the problem. Can anybody shed any light?

thanks

I've also heard that a couple of washers at the top of the suspension fixes the problem. Can anybody shed any light?

Do a search. There was a thread about this a few months ago (started by FredYozzasport IRRC). Fred and a few other forum members were offering washers for a small fee.

Bought a couple for my Cup. Did'nt solve the problem* totally, maybe improved things a little. I just ignore it now.

*squeeking/grinding noise on full lock.

Peddled device
Renault have ordered the new washers for me.They said there's been an upgrade for the upgrade !

172 Cup
I have just had this problem fixed on the Cup, turned out it was a snapped front O/S suspension spring. However, I'm on 36k and it seems a little early for you (if you're still on OE parts).

Peddled device
Okay....just got the car back after Reno had to wait a while for the new strut washers.

The grinding noise has gone BUT they have said that the anti-roll bar bushes need replacing....and that means another wait for parts and another trip back!

Thank god this has happened before the warranty runs out in 10 weeks!!