ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Front Wheel Bearings

Clio 182 Cup
Whilst driving to work this morning I had a strange noise coming from the front, but it stopped when I turned right. So I am thinking that it is a front wheel bearing that is on its way out. The question is do I replace them as a pair or just the noisey one?

From what I have read I belive they have to be pressed in can any one confirm this, and seeing as I dont haev a press is there any other options I can go down?

Thanks

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Most people do change them as a pair but some one may have already changed the other side in the past,and yes they have to be pressed out ask at your local garage/tyre fitters they will press em out and pop in the new one for a couple of quid,its a simple job

Clio 182 Cup
Most people do change them as a pair but some one may have already changed the other side in the past,and yes they have to be pressed out ask at your local garage/tyre fitters they will press em out and pop in the new one for a couple of quid,its a simple job

I have found someone that can push them out and back in now all I need to find is the replacements. Anyone know the best place to buy replacements or is it a Renault part I need.

Clio 182 Cup
I hope it is just going to be a case of Remove Wheel, Brake Calliper, Brake Disc and then the hub and I dont have to do anything with the Driveshafts. I never done one before on the Clio so I am not 100% on the procedure.

Also does anyone have the Part Number for the Cup Part.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Go in to Renault, give them your reg and they will order the part for you, you won't need to go in armed with the part number.
Renewed ours a few weeks back and they were £70 ish per side from Renault.

£30 ish from ECP if you can get the discount code's they offer! Driveshaft doesn't have to come out but you need to remove hub nut (30mm) then ensure you redo to 280nm otherwise the new bearing won't last long

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Part number is 77 01 206 771.

Thats a cup bearing. Was £62ish. Was a while ago.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All you have to do with the driveshaft is undo the hub nut so you can slide the hub off the cv, you dont have to split the cv from the shaft or anything,