ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 CUP engine into 172 PH1

Clio, Nova, Astra
Have you blown the engine in it just now? If so, not really, although the manifold is different afaik

Yeah my current engine SMOKES!!!! like mad and the compression is down im in a limbo of whether to reubuild it or throw another one in

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
If i remember right.
Ph1 had larger exhaust ports on the head.
182 had a better matched lower inlet.

Thats about it aside the obvious (fbw throttle body/exhaust manifold)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The only differences between the engines are the breather on the cam cover which you can simply swap over. As said exhaust ports are a bit bigger on the ph1 but the exhaust manifold bolt pattern is the same. Your'll use your existing inlet plenum so there will be no difference with the throttle body. The ph1 throttle body you don't need.

330i. E30 Touring.
The breathers are different so
I believe you use the 182 inlets but with the ph1 throttle body. I'd like a second opinion on that though @Budgie

Yep, once you've swapped over the breathers, you can use your existing inlets.

If your new engine comes with inlets, no problems using those. Just need to make sure the vacuum pipe fits on. :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
sorry I read this the wrong way round. Swap the ph1 breather onto the 182 engine then use all the ph1 inlet, tb etc on the 182 engine.

172 ph1
what does it go like mate alright yeah? ill be putting a decat on and already have a stainless stealth on...will i need to just buy a 182 decat and thatll be that?