ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 confusion...

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Assistance from 182 experts please!

Decided to buy a new clio this week but even with my knowledge of clios im getting confused with what the differences are between the 182 with cup packs and 182 cup actually are?

From what i see of the 182 cup's the interiors look gash and the 182 interiors look rather nice.....any more changes?

182 cup packs is the fully featured 182 with all options.

182 cup is a cheap alternative which weighs less but hasnt got all the toys.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
so im assuming the FF 182s with the cup packs generally go for more money?

And did no cups come with xenons?

Maz

LY 200
As said the FF 182's with cup packs have the full spec thats what mine is, darker wheels, spoiler splitter etc

Iirc no cups had xenons ..

J

J182sport

from what i know,

182 FF has all the toys half leather ect. then you can add the cup packs always a nice touch, darker wheels front splitter a suspension pack,

182 CUP is no toys ,leather or xenons, just cloth like the old cup? think it has ac tho. the CUP will already have the cup pack as its a cup!!!!.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Main differences...

Cup has basic interior, no xenons, air con instead of climate, cheaper stereo, no autowipers or heat reflective windscreen. This saves about 20kgs, so apparently slightly quicker to 60 but in practical terms I doubt it makes much difference. It still has cruise/traction/abs etc. It has lower stiffer suspension, darker alloys and different steering geometery to a standard 182, but you can get these if you go for "cup packs" on the standard car (in fact, most standard cars have these fitted). The main selling point of the Cup for me was that it's about £1000 cheaper!

Ad

MK2 FRS

difficulty is that the motor trade are quite confused with the specs...

as such the prices are quite similar for cups and FF even though the FF have significantly more spec.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
So just to confirm the 182 FF with cup packs has the same suspension as the official 182 Cup?

And did Renault supply any documentation with clios to proove that they actually have what second hand sellers say they have got?

difficulty is that the motor trade are quite confused with the specs...

as such the prices are quite similar for cups and FF even though the FF have significantly more spec.
Yep, my 172FF was sold to me as a cup.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Did Renault supply any documentation with clios to proove that they actually have what second hand sellers say they have got?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Did Renault supply any documentation with clios to proove that they actually have what second hand sellers say they have got?

nope, but with a chasis number renault customer services will verify the spec.

Maz

LY 200

I was given the proof of purchase from the guy I bought my car off which shows its a RS 182 with both cup packs and the total price he paid for it

Ad

MK2 FRS

I was given the proof of purchase from the guy I bought my car off which shows its a RS 182 with both cup packs and the total price he paid for it

thats the purchase invoice which most used cars dont have...and it wouldnt be realistic to expect the seller to have one. But useful if you do have it.

manufactures such as scooby/mitsubishi would provide certification of the extra perforance options, for example PPP or WRsport package.

Maz

LY 200

thats the purchase invoice which most used cars dont have...and it wouldnt be realistic to expect the seller to have one. But useful if you do have it.

manufactures such as scooby/mitsubishi would provide certification of the extra perforance options, for example PPP or WRsport package.

Yep I know thats all it is .. was just saying I still had mine :)

One thing to remember is wheels were swoped from Cuped to none CUped cars if customers asked as sometimes people who'd payed for Cuped spec wanted normal wheels and vice versa the dealers were onto a good thing realy. Also swopping the CUp suspension off isn't that difficult so if someone wanted they could have swoped there Cuped setup to another Clio.