ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cluch bite

Focus RS, 182 gone
Just wondering, where does the cluch bite on your 182 is it quite high, because mine is and i was wondering is that right?

Renault Clio 182
Mine is exactly the same mate it worroed me for a while but after reading stuff on here it is definately the norm.

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Yea i was pretty worried about it for a while. Thought it might be screwed, it's easier now i use heal/toe, whereas in my instructors car, parents cars i just take my heal off the ground :)

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
I do aswell, I'm not sure if theres anyway to change it. I thought at first it felt like it was coming out in stages? (I'm not sure if you understand what i mean) but i just got used to it in the end and used a bit more gas.. although im still slow moving off from junctions

CJ

Blue ph1 172
It's designed to be fairly high, why would you want to adjust it? It's easier to just blip the clutch and change gear.

If you do really wanna change it it'll probably mean getting a whole new clutch.

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
cjtheman said:
It's designed to be fairly high, why would you want to adjust it? It's easier to just blip the clutch and change gear.

If you do really wanna change it it'll probably mean getting a whole new clutch.

I'm just being curious :) my first car you see.

Does this mean when i go to get my clutch replaced (hopefully not for a while) it will be a different bite?

mk1 ph1 1.4 RT
Gonna ask the same thing - got a mk1 RT with high bite and very heavy pedal. I'm happy with it - except that if I try and powershift (stay on gas) the clutch doesn't engage again when I bring the pedal up, it just keeps on slipping until I lift off the gas and let it grab. It also doesn't grab at launch very readily.

When I'm going up a hill and floor it and really try to make it slip, it doesn't slip at all, and if I bring the clutch up in gear when parked I can't bring it up without it stalling.

Any reason why I can't powershift?

mk1 ph1 1.4 RT
Funny you should say that - I just replaced all my engine mounts (and it drives MUCH better), and I think the synchro on first gear has gone, because I have to be almost stationary (less than walking pace) to drop into first. Is that a Clio thing or does my gearbox need a rebuild?

BTW the mounts were gone when I got the car - 130k miles... I've only done 3k in it.

Ph1
Yes it can be adjusted but not by a massive amount.

At the back of the clutch pedal there's a big gold coloured bolt thing with a sort of screw coming out which is on a arm that connects to the self adjuster gear wheel thing.

Its mega hard to explain but if you slacken the nut off and turn the big gold bolt out it can be made to bite lower.

I'll try and get a picture up later as to where it is. If you look under the pedal you'll see it. You will have to de-press the clutch slightly tho.

mk1 ph1 1.4 RT
Thanks too - question though...
in the Haynes, it shows a lovely clear picture of the clutch pedal once you've removed the lower fascia panel, for removing the pedal/cable/etc. In practice, I took the panel off and I could see a little bit more of the pedal, but there's still a dirty great immovable bar across the pedal making it still impossible to access!

Have I missed something?

silverjonny said:
Thanks too - question though...
in the Haynes, it shows a lovely clear picture of the clutch pedal once you've removed the lower fascia panel, for removing the pedal/cable/etc. In practice, I took the panel off and I could see a little bit more of the pedal, but there's still a dirty great immovable bar across the pedal making it still impossible to access!

Have I missed something?
Its just a pain to work on. bEst thing I found is to sit upside down in the car fet on the foor head where your hell rest and work like that.
There apin to work on once you work it out you'll find out how to do it easier but never want to do it again.
Haynes is useless at a good desciption of how to do it.