ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clock/radio display not lighting up after replacing bulbs

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Well annoyed (n)

Took the top dash off to get at the bulbs replaced them with some blue leds, swapped the orange filter film out replaced with some white film connected back up and nothing :(

I checked the leds compared to the ones I took out and they seem to be missing some contacts where you twist and lock them.

Have a bought some dud leds??

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Can anyone link up some decent bulbs/leds as I am certain the ones I bought are cr@p!

Thanks.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Anyone 😞 currently driving it round looking like its been stolen!

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Have you tried the LEDs in the socket the other way round? They're polarity sensitive!

You'll have to get them back out to flip them, so while they're out hook them up to some 12v to see if they light, they'll light one way and not the other

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Have you tried the LEDs in the socket the other way round? They're polarity sensitive!

You'll have to get them back out to flip them, so while they're out hook them up to some 12v to see if they light, they'll light one way and not the other

I'll give that another go, pretty sure I tried every way known to man though!

I've ordered some others in the meantime, will update with results not that anybody's bothered!!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Bump.

Right Leds came, fitted them and they work BUT the display is still not very bright - not how it used to be plus you can only see the display If the lights are on(n)

Fiddled with the little wheel thingy but that just dulls the speedo lights.

Is it worth trying owt else? Normal bulbs perhaps??