ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cat to manifold fitting

Left work this evening only to find the exhaust blowing :(

On inspection the cat fitting bracket has come away. Now looking at the manifold the nut and bolt hole is not a complete circle. Is this as per design or has it rotted?

Pictures to show what I mean.

zuzu2a5y.jpg

ude9yhap.jpg

So bit of searching and it appears these are cups that fit in the flange. Mine looked buggered lol .

Ph1
Genuine fitting kit but ditch the bolts and fit the meatiest you can find. Mine was forever blowing and wearing out. Fitted bigger bolts and double nuts to lock it and never had a peep out of it in well over 6 or 7 years now.

Ph1
I found with mine the bolts didn't tighten far enough so promoted more movement than necessary in the gasket which eventually wore it through to blow. Never had a issue since changing the bolts. Still has movement there and retains the springs but not so much that it wears the mesh gasket through every other year.