ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Buying query

my mate at works missus is expecting a kiddy soon so they have done the old buy a big ass family car thing, but he wants a new car for himself. now he was looking at Mini Coopers but after talking some sense into him hes now decided to go for a 182. Now he wants it with EVERYTHING, Cup pack sat nav or whatever the full spec sheet basically allows. How much can he get one for new from a dealer with the full warranty, £11600 is the best price he has been offered, but Im sure peolpe on here have paid around £10800 or so... could be wrong but any advice would be great as I dont really know anything about them. Hes aslo going to keep the car for 5 years and resale value etc is not an issue, he just wants the best fast and capable hatch for his money. Should I also suggest that he looks at the Phase 1 & 2 172s, as they are coming down in price and as he wont be doing many miles at all and even if out of warranty this wont really matter to him... basically hes after bang for buck... so I need cheapest 182 price new with everything, or if hes better off getting a 172 for cheaper. Cheers

tiTTy & SV650

fully loaded new will be 12,500+ thats sat nav and recaros metallic paint, cup spoiler pack and cup suspension...

IIRC Sat Nav is no longer an option?

did 172s have sat nav as well then, or just early 182s? sorry for being dumb, ive only ever driven a silver Phase 1 and the exclusive and cant remember if either had it tbh...
ill need to ask if that price he got was fully loaded then as it seems too cheap...

[Edited by TheJesus on 27 June 2005 at 6:01pm]

phase2 172s had sat nav as an option too, Roamers had it before he stuck it upside-down in that tree. They cancelled Nav from the option list about a week before i placed my order(w**kers)latest with nav youll find will be a 54plate.

expect to pay just shy of 13k from a dealer for a fully loaded car with metallic paint. obviously the ID paint is dearer again. you can get them down more if you can talk someone into a friends and family deal but you wont see sub 11 even then.