ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 BTB Exhaust Systems....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i know if there was a 172 system. i would buy the BTB over anyother.

what are the saxo boys paying for a BTB?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
BTB make custom exhausts do they not?
Im assuming the 182 system was jigged?
Whats stopping me going to BTB and asking them to make me one?

clio 200 F4Rt

the exclusivity deal that we have with them.

like you can only buy a saxo BTB from GMC Motorsport.

Which are £500 plus VAT i beleive (for ben's info)

I was talking to Mat about making on of the systems with a Procat. I emailed BTB, they said all orders need to come from Shed Motorsport/Mat for the Clio 182 System

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Cool, thought as much.
So if someone went through you to order a single unit you wouldnt turn them away?

clio 200 F4Rt

Cool, thought as much.
So if someone went through you to order a single unit you wouldnt turn them away?

not at all, just the cost for a single 182 system would be in the region of £1000.

but if someone wants it, we will certanly get it done!

clio 200 F4Rt
Basically with BTB the more you buy the cheaper they are, hence why to sell that at £500 we had to have 10.

As it stands the demand isnt there for us to have another 10 made.

So unless we can get 6 or so deposits in for a system, they will have to be done as one off's or small batches which work out very expensive!

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
As Mat has stated, it all comes down to economies of scale when it comes down to the pricing. Its been a while since i did the maths, but as an example iirc, if we were to order 50 systems from btb we'd be able to knock them out around the £300 mark, but we all know that no matter how good the system is, we or anyone else for that matter would struggle to shift all of them.

And for those of you who knock the fact that we have "only" sold 11 systems i wouldn't have thought that Yozzasport have sold many more than that of their system. Thats not a dig at yozza at all, just an example of the bigger picture and what we consider to be the btb's closest competitor at that price point.

260% JCW
If this system is the best, how come Renault Sport are'nt using them in the clio cup series??

because the clio cup series is the 197 race car now, this system was designed during the least season of 182 racing

260% JCW
I didnt mean the 197 smarty pants.:rasp:

Renault used them?? If so then fair one. The money they would have put into development would have meant this exhaust would have been the dogs. Far better than some of the other s**t people are tyring to sell.

260% JCW
Just found this on the Renault UK website. Are you sure this exhaust is the same?? It says here Orbisoud.

Renaultsport Clio 182 Technical Specification
Bodyshell
Renaultsport Clio 182, three-door, left-hand-drive.
Engine
Sealed, 16-valve, 4-cylinder, type F4R with Orbisoud race exhaust system and catalytic converter, built and developed by Renaultsport.
Capacity 1998cc.
Max Output 190bhp+ @ 6,500rpm
Max Torque 21.5mkg @ 5,500rpm
Spark Plugs NGK PFR6E10
ECU Sealed Magneti Marelli MF4L ignition system.
Gearbox
Sealed Sadev 6-speed, sequential gearbox, mechanical control with Limited Slip Differential using single plate competition clutch.

I didnt mean the 197 smarty pants.:rasp:

Renault used them?? If so then fair one. The money they would have put into development would have meant this exhaust would have been the dogs. Far better than some of the other s**t people are tyring to sell.

i know u didnt mean the 197

but this wasnt avaliable when the 182 race cars were designed, guess that renault being french didnt even look at BTB when looking for someone to make the 182 race car exhaust just went back to orbisoud

renault did not use BTB

clio 200 F4Rt
Myself and Joe were discussing a 172 BTB system the other evening.

let us put a bit more thought into it, and i will do a thread so we can get some idea's and feedback!