ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 BTB Exhaust systems, gauging interest

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Fred2001Dynamic said:
what welders do you use?? sexy TIG going on there (miller or lincon?)

I'm afraid i can't comment on this as the systems will be produced by BTB and licensed to Shed Motorsport. No manufucturing related to this product will be undertaken by Shed, it will all be done by BTB and final specs will only be available once BTB have assessed Mats car and optimised the design and spec.

In response to Spykee:

There's a possibility that 172 owners will be catered for sometime in the future but with the large investment that Shed is undertaking we would like to sort out the 182 system first and go from there, watch this space!

White16valver:
Its a good idea but aside from the rigmarole of changing all the exhausts over there is the cost of the rolling road time. When we get our rolling road (this could be a while off yet) we'll look into doing this kind of back to back test, but as already stated, we'll take some before and after runs to see what the gains are.

Cheers

Joe

Lionel Richie
can you find out though Joe, i'd like to know just out of interest as i'm a welder/motorsport geek in training (i use lincon electric equipment)

M.C.. said:
i do agree with what you have said Joe but an exhaust especially cat back is only going to give limited gains the real gains are had from the manifold, and is the average road driver going to notice a couple of more bhp i very much doubt it.

I agree with you entirely but Mat has had experience with BTB before and i've had some dealings with them in the past and as Mat has said he is getting one for his own car regardless of the interest we get because he wants the best for his car, yes the gains might be low but we'll wait and see. Ideally we would like to have the 100 cell cat produced aswell but this will have to wait as the cost is particularly prohibitive for the first production item unless we get significant interest.

Its not definate yet as it needs to be discussed properly but it looks likely that we will have BTB produce a decat so that we can see the potential gains of using the 100 cell cat as the cost will be significantly less and a 100 cell cat produces very little obstruction. Also a cheaper solution for those of you out there who don't mind spending 20 mins changing it once a year for your MOT.

Cheers

Joe

Fred2001Dynamic said:
can you find out though Joe, i'd like to know just out of interest as i'm a welder/motorsport geek in training (i use lincon electric equipment)

Nice to find another motorsport geek. I'll see what we can do, this is more Mats "Baby" as i'm tied up with another project for a couple of months but i'm sure Mat will do what he can to find out for you.

i use to have a BTB 4-1 manifold for my oldsaxo VTR, combined with a decat amd catback system, certainly freed that up and sounded nice, i remember craggys old vts with full BTB system and manifold, very good quality exhausts and good gains normally(from saxo anyhow!)

is there any for the clio 16v(valver/mk1)??

Snotter's
btb make some of the best systems,a lot of race teams etc use them.Its like comparing and itg maxogen to a halfords ik.You get what you pay for

Fred2001Dynamic said:

Most of the big outfits will use a miller synchroware series.

clio 200 F4Rt
car is booked in for end of march for system development.

after the feedback, we are going to get them to make up a manifold back system, incorporating a decat (tho with expansion box).

this will bring excellent power gains, and be more suitable than the sports cat system.