ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 broken into......with a twist

Working at a customers house, having lunch at the time, my car alarm went off, I got up and went to the front door expecting a false alarm. Much to my horror my drivers side window was in 000's of pieces with a young lad peddling fast down the road.......it was obvious.......good bye satnav.
After much hoovering and wasted time I phoned a work mate who said he could gat satnav systems cheap, I explained what had happened and within 2 hours I received a call back saying the same type of unit was available.....it was MY satnav system, mine for only £60:eek: :nono:

If you play it right you could have a right touch there.....get your sat nav back for nothing and give the fella a fckunig good kicking at the same time!!

what happened!!!!

Well, the unit had already gone through a few pairs of hands, I'm led to believe, before my mate got it, it wasn't until he typed in "home" that he saw my address come up. Now.......at this point he could have wipped it clean, sold it to me, he'd have his £60 and no one would have been the wiser, instead he was honest, lost £60, 'cause I wasn't about to buy my own system back. So I was out of pocket by £75 for the window and my work mate by £60 for being honest with me.
I suppose there is a moral to this and that being the purchaser of stolen goods (even if they're yours:S ) is as bad as the person commiting the crime, your fuelling it.

what happened!!!!

Well, the unit had already gone through a few pairs of hands, I'm led to believe, before my mate got it, it wasn't until he typed in "home" that he saw my address come up. Now.......at this point he could have wipped it clean, sold it to me, he'd have his £60 and no one would have been the wiser, instead he was honest, lost £60, 'cause I wasn't about to buy my own system back. So I was out of pocket by £75 for the window and my work mate by £60 for being honest with me.
I suppose there is a moral to this and that being the purchaser of stolen goods (even if they're yours:S ) is as bad as the person commiting the crime, your fuelling it.
The moral of this story is dont leave your sat nav in your car. This is the reason why I will never have an uprated stereo anymore. Ive had two nicked without the faces, and if they see youve got an uprated H U chances are you will have a sub/amp and they will have them too.

133/225/CLS AMG
Surely, you'll be able to trace this back to who ever broke into your car???

Just get your 'mate' to ask who he got it from, to contact the theif for some 'extra business', then meet up with him and kick the little cNuts head in!!!

Mini Cooper S sport
The moral of this story is dont leave your sat nav in your car. This is the reason why I will never have an uprated stereo anymore. Ive had two nicked without the faces, and if they see youve got an uprated H U chances are you will have a sub/amp and they will have them too.

Yeah, too true. I never leave anything in the car and wouldn't bother with a better stereo.

Good tale though - least you got it back!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
A note of caution on this subject, my mate had his car broken into and his sat nav was in his glove box, apparently the little pikeys go around looking for the ring that the holder leaves on your windscreen. If they see it they asume youve hidden it in your car. Pr1cks!

On the standard hu subject i keep mine standard for this reason, if i did change it i would do like my mate and out the new one in the glove box

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
my sisters boyfriend had his golfclubs nicked once. heard similar ones were being sold by some bloke in a rough area. obviously they turned out to be his.

managed to get them back for free like this story though through a mate.

Clio 172 mk2

Agree

As sh*t as the OE headunit is I've left it in the car for that very reason.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Also don't have your home address stored as home on your sat nav. Theres every chance you will arrive home to find you've been burgled as well (especially if they managed to get the keys somehow).

Facelift R53 Cooper S
better yet the worst could happen, if the lad on the bike typed in 'home' then he'd know where you live and could go and take it again

unless its far away of course

ex Clio 172 owner :(

My thoughts exactly.

Said situation but I'll never upgrade ICE.

And also why my Satnav is on my phone and that's always with me.

That said, the standard head units go for £60+ on ebay!

i dont understand , that you didn't jump in your car and run the fcuka down :S

I thought exactly the same thing............until I saw all the glass on my seat!
Could call the police but that would implicate my work mate and he did the honorable thing in the end, probably not too good for his health if he told me where he'd got it from.

If you saw him why didn't you run after him?

Agree

As sh*t as the OE headunit is I've left it in the car for that very reason.
Ditto.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
i dont understand , that you didn't jump in your car and run the fcuka down :S

I thought exactly the same thing............until I saw all the glass on my seat!
Could call the police but that would implicate my work mate and he did the honorable thing in the end, probably not too good for his health if he told me where he'd got it from.
quick wipe of the seat and go. "it was an accident officer, he was struggling to ride his bike and carry my stolen sat nav and just fell across the front of my car. Even more unlucky as he landed behind me whilst I was reversing to see if he was OK"