ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 broken down with lots of warning lights

Hi,

My 182 broken down in spectacular fashion last night leaving me stranded for a couple hours! I was stuck in traffic for about 10 mins crawling along in 1st gear when my ABS, ESP, SERVICE, and then the stop light came on. Being french:dapprove:, i assumed a re-start might solve the problem so I turned the car off, but it wouldn't start again. When I tried to restart the car the electric fault light came on but the car wouldn't even turned over, I could just hear a faint humming/ticking noise. The RAC came out and discharged the electric system and charged the battery for 15mins, after which the car would turn over fine with the electric warning light on. He tried reading the fault using the RAC computer but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks guys

M

mini-valver

Sounds like your battery has run flat and enabled to immobilsor. DOes the little red dot in between the SERV and STOP lights go off after a few seconds?

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Could well be, my sisters tdc sensor is away on her 206 GTi, most annoying thing ever having to sit with your foot constantly on the accelerator to keep the car going!