ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brakes upgrade?

bg 182
hey im thinking of upgrading my brakes when i get my alloys referbs anybody got any suggestions to a good upgrade over the standard 182 brakes?

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
il be going with mintex 1144s and brembo hc disks seems this setup is what alot of people recomend

172 Race Car
Dont use 1144's if you intend to go anywhere near a trackday. They last about a lap and then give up.

HBT 172 Cup
I got my 1144's to fade on the road, definately not reccomended. They have a super sharp initial bite too (quite annoying when your half asleep on your way to work)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just done mine today, brembo HC disks of nextdaybreaks.com £41.50 with brembo oem replacement pads for 30 quid same supplier (oem because I'm not in need of a track setup just good fast road) and then some dot 5.1 fluid with goodridge braded hoses for the extra brake feel :)

Good road setup with low dust output and great stopping compared to what I had before :)

I was in the same body when i got my 182, i wanted to upgrade the brakes, i went for some grooved and drilled discs, along with some DS2500 pads and goodridge braided lines, I also renewed the brake fluid with some uprated stuff.

All the above totally changed my braking ability

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Brembo Max Discs and DS2500's pads with some goodridge braided brake lines

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
new 182 owner here too, I have just ordered a brakeset from Noos on here, should arrive on friday.
it is R26/197 Brembo calipers and a 300mm disk...and there are some nice options if you want to go overboard like I did :evil:

I'm not really in need of improved brakes yet, just like some light spannering...and the will look like the dog's danglies behind my OZ alleggeritas.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
never fit grooved/drilled discs, they eat the pads

Is what I have had fitted in the above post good enough for fast road or could I improve on anything of the above (leave the braided hoses out as they where the only short notice ones I could find lol)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Massive over kill though for a non track car plus the price of them pads is stupid :S

I have Brembo Max discs with standard pads.

Im going to be doing my discs and pads again so im going to upgrade to the same discs, DS2500's and as im there i may aswell fit braided brake lines.

172 cup, Impreza P1
never fit grooved/drilled discs, they eat the pads

I use brembo max discs with pagid rs4's for track use as recommended by yozz on ready for the track.

He said you need the max discs to stop the pagid pads glazing over and so fair have done 5 track days and about 1000 road miles on a set of pads and I've still got about 75% of the pads left.

Just my findings with this set up but I'm very impressed.

Clio Cup by RIKUS
new 182 owner here too, I have just ordered a brakeset from Noos on here, should arrive on friday.
it is R26/197 Brembo calipers and a 300mm disk...and there are some nice options if you want to go overboard like I did :evil:

I'm not really in need of improved brakes yet, just like some light spannering...and the will look like the dog's danglies behind my OZ alleggeritas.

I'm loking forwards, for you to put some pics in my section :approve: