ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brake upgrade sugestions

Audi + clio 182
Morning all! just bought my first 182, had a clio mk2 1.6 10 years ago when in my late teens and always fancied a 182, run a company car as a daily and thought time to tick a box in the bucket list of cars. as far as I'm aware the car is running standard brakes but feel braking needs to be improved so wondered what disc and pad combo people recommended for fast road use?
cheers

No doubt it'll need the callipers rebuilt, especially the rears. Big Redd do kits cheap enough and are a doddle to do yourself, it really does make a world of difference to the braking power as over the years the braking efficiency really does suffer. A good way to check is take it down to your local MOT place with a rolling road for brake efficiencies and see what they are putting out. From memeory they should be 320 front, 160 rear think the unit of measure is KG, could be LB's. No poiint buying new brakes if the issue is worn braking hardware.

OE discs (Pagid, TRW, Renault) and fast road pads like Ferodo DS2500, Mintex M1144, PBS are plenty good enough for road use.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Make sure the exsiting system is in good working order, as no point putting new parts on a tired system. Calipers not binding, rear compensator is letting fluid to the rear brakes etc etc

The front Mintex M1144 are a great cost effective upgrade pad, fresh fluid always worth doing, and pair them with Brembo discs . If want any help or a oqute on brake set up send me a PM @arniemay